Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe installers will not run

Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows XP and I use Firefox browser.  My problem is that when I download the installer, I can not make it run.  The only option that is even close is "run as..." and nothing happens when I try that.  I have tried multiple times, even turning off all antivirus and anything else I could to see if it is blocking it but nothing is working.  I even tried to uninstall and do it that way but still nothing so now I have no flashplayer and nothing will download.  HELP, please...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1) Go to this page:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

At the very bottom you will see still having problems, NPAPI version

2) Next go to this page and get the adobe uninstaller:

Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

3) Make sure ALL browsers are closed.

First run the uninstaller and then the installer.

Please let us know if you still face the issue.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your copy/paste skills are dazzling I wish i could troubleshoot as skillfully as you @divya_1993   

Flash Installation Problem

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already found those "helps" but it only made things worse as now I do not even have an old version of flash on the computer.  The uninstall is not the problem, it did that just fine.  But the problem is the reinstall.  When I go to try and reinstall the flash player, I click on the icon and it does NOTHING, I get no error messages or anything.  I have also downloaded the installer to different locations and with and without the anitvirus add on that come with it just to see if they are just making you take it but still nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XP SP1, SP2, or SP3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Windows XP

Media Center Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

XP Service Pack 2 lacks the support for sha256 digital signatures, which the installer uses.  If you've tried the standalone installer (from the help page) and that doesn't work either you can try installing a previous version, posted on the Archived Adobe Flash Player versions  and opt into Background Updates, or update your computer to a supported version (minimum is XP SP3).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an older version of flash now, I can at least see a few things but there is still a lot that is not compatible.  I do not feel like sinking any more money into this computer so does anyone know where to download a free version of XP SP3 or Win 7?  I guess my only other options are just live with it like this or go get a different computer (I have been looking but everyone has downloaded that Win10 on everything...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the older version you have supports Background Updates, opt into background updates and see if that will update Flash Player to the latest version.

To opt into background updates, go to Control Panel > select to view All control Panel items (Classic View I believe) and select the Flash Player item.  Go to the Updates tab and select 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended).  If the Updates tab isn't there this option will be in a different tab (I don't recall which one).  Background Updates usually updates Flash Player within 24 hours.  I don't have access to an XP system that doesn't support sha256 so I can't test this out, but it's worth a shot to see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines