• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Images in Snippets

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using snippets to help reduce the vast number of images we use in our RH7 site. I can make a list and place it in a snippet and it works just fine. However, if I place an image within the snippet, and though it is visable when I do the preview, I cannot see the snippet when I publish it up. What could be the cause?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the generate output, rather than the published output? That is local. Does it appear there?

I am not seeing how it will reduce the number of images as each one is still required. There are other advantages to what you are doing but not the number.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The generated output is the same. No image. I can see it when I click on the preview "glasses", but other then that, it isn't there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested and it works fine even if the image is not used in any topic on its own (I was thinking maybe an image used only in a snippet might need to be in baggage but that was not the case.)

Try one of two things. Create a new project with just a couple of topics with a snippet and test that. Open on the supplied projects and test that.

If that works, check the path to the images is relative and not absolute.

Then post back.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for your help.

I created a small project and the same thing happens with the snippet. I tried to view the source to see where it was pulling the image file from, but it is java script and I couldn't identify it. I also recreated the snippet and I'm still having the problem. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Snippet itself to see where the image is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Peter, I looked into the Snippet itself and the location should be good. I rebuilt it again using a different fold to draw from just in case and it didn't work. I added text to the Snippet to see if was just the image causing the problem and it did not display the text either. However, I have another Snippet with a text only list that works perfectly. I'm confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that location in the project. It is only good if it is.

If that is not it, zip up the test project and email it via my site. Late here now but I will look tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Peter - I have sent to appropriate folders/files to you in a zip file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp