Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation Crash

Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had the problem that when they go to the Single Source Layout, and select Printed Documentation, the progarm will go through most of the process, then crash when it attempts to create the pdf?

I have found that it still creates the .doc file, and I open the .doc in Word and then print to PDF.

I am running Vista Ultimate SP1 and have Word 2007.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen people report that and find that in two stages it is OK. Suspect it could be a resource issue. How much RAM on the PC?

I am assuming your project is local and you are outputting to local drives.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that same problem when I switched to Acrobat 8.0. I had to uninstall and then reinstall the 7.0 version from the RH CD. That solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that same problem when I switched to Acrobat 8.0. I had to uninstall and then reinstall the 7.0 version from the RH CD. That solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I have 4GB of Memory, the project is local and the output drive is the !SSL! folder on the same drive as the project. This started happening after an update to Adobe Acrobat 3D (I have the Technical Commnunication Suite)

Jo,

Thanks, I will try this out and post my results. The only problem I have is that I don't have the CD (my company downloaded the technical communication suite and purhcased the adequate licenses for it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have TCS, then Acrobat 3D should work whereas going back to 7 will remove the integration between the suite components.

Have you tried more than one project? I'm guessing it is the same result but worth checking.

When you say Crash, any error message and is it really a crash or a lack of response? If the latter, have you checked activity in Task Manager?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I am having fatal errors also with my RH7. I attached the View information.

Christi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Sorry, thought this had to do with wthe same thread, as I am getting fatal errors when creating printed documentation. The main errors seen are "Warning: Failed to save the Word Document after appending a malformed topics:" and "Fatal Error: Word Document got corrupt. Abort building ".

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The acrobat part crashes and gives an error (thought I don't get and error).

when i am in LiveDesigner, or Acrobat, everything works perfectly. I haven't been able to connect to my company's network today to get my download yet.

I don't know if this is related or not, but I can no longer import Capitvate Projects properly, also, when I attempt to move the .swf files for my captivate projects, they kind of...crap out.

All of the problems that I am having are only happening in RoboHelp 7.02, all of the other programs, individually, hve no issues what-so-ever.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFedarko

Your problem may result in a crash but it is not related to this thread and the length of the code makes it difficult to deal with this one.

Can you please edit the content out and start afresh, then I will post an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does have the ring of something having gone wrong with the patch although I don't think I have seen any reports of patches causing issues. I believe the patches show separately in Program Files so it might be worth uninstalling them and reinstalling.

I don't have anything specific to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did ask that you start a new thread as the cause is different.

There is something in Printed Issues on my site about malformed topics but it can also be caused by not enough ram. Try duplicating the layout and stripping half the content out. If both halves generate, that then points to ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. It is now working.
Make sure you supply a filename.
In the first screen (Print Document General) in the Location text input box, leaving the default .doc will cause a crash. It just shuts down and you can't even view the log. It does give you the opportunity to send an error message.
To solve this from happening
1.Delete any file in the destination directory that were created before the crash
Start the Printed Documentation again
Supply a file name in front of the .doc
It should work
BTW - this little SNAFU cost me more than 10 hours to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Barbara

When you say "same problem" do you mean generating the PDF and Word document per the first post in the thread or the malformed topics message?

The first problem is in a currently running thread and I just tested your solution but it made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp