• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot UnInstall Flash player - Mac OsX 10.6.8

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to uninstall flash for Safari on my Mac and have downloaded the Adobe Uninstall tool and ran it several times. In each case the program tells me that flash has been successfully uninstalled. I have also deleted the cache files in the system folders as per the instructions listed in this tutorial.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/remove-flash-player-blocked-plug-in-install-flash-mac-...

However afterward when i go to the detection page Adobe's site is still telling me I am running version 22.0.0.192  and if i visit youtube or CNN and launch a video, right clicking on it will bring up the flash menu options again telling me I am running version 22.0.0.192.

Whats up with this, and how the hell can I get flash deleted from safari? (Note I still have pepper flash enabled on Chrome, which is my primary browser)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Hello m_vargas,

What are the odds but this second suggestion was correct. Somehow the plugin was in the other Library folder /Internet Plug-Ins. However the plugin had a (original) at the end of its filename for some reason. I deleted this plugin, rebooted and flash is no longer active on Safari.

Thanks for your help and suggestions on this,

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player plugin is saved to /Library/Internet Plug-ins.  Can you check to see if FlashPlayer.plugin is still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello m_vargas,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I can confirm that the internet plug-ins folder is empty and finder is showing it as zero-bytes in size.

Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the other possibility is that somehow it was saved at ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins (the user's Library), but the installer wouldn't have saved it here by default.

Aside from that, if you use Firefox, you can go to about:plugins in Firefox and look for Flash Player entry.  Firefox will display the full path to the plugin location.  I'm not aware of a similar feature in Safari.

You can also search for Flash Player.plugin using Spotlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello m_vargas,

What are the odds but this second suggestion was correct. Somehow the plugin was in the other Library folder /Internet Plug-Ins. However the plugin had a (original) at the end of its filename for some reason. I deleted this plugin, rebooted and flash is no longer active on Safari.

Thanks for your help and suggestions on this,

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.  I'm glad you were able to locate it the errant plugin. Flash Player hasn't installed to the User's Library directory in ages, so not sure how it go there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines