• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current version of "Adobe Flash player on your computer has critical security issues" notice in security window

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 21.0.0  Flash, Mac OS 10.22.5, Safari 9.1.1

I have installed the latest version of Adobe Flash 3 times in the last week.  Although it seems to install, it doesn't work.

In checking Safari security I received the above notice, "Adobe Flash player on your computer has critical security issues"

It worked briefly after I installed the new OS 10.22.5 (El Capitain) and the accompanying new version of Flash, but now when I go on a website requiring Flash I get a notice the my version is out of date and the site provides a link to install the latest version.  I do not use the link (maybe its a fake link?) and go to the Adobe website where I download the latest version for Mac.  I have done this 3 times and it still doesn't work. The notice in the security window that there are critical security issues concerns me.  Is this a valid issue with the current Flash software? Can anyone at Adobe address this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The version number you post is incomplete, but it is still outdated. The latest version of Flash Player for Safari is 22.0.0.209.  Follow the instructions at How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X  to perform a clean install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines