• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YABCQ

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm pretty new to RH7 and I'm trying to modify the breadcrumbs. I have tried the Format options and that's not giving me what I want. What I seem to be able to choose from are:

a) the default format (which includes normal hyperlink attributes such as underline and color changes, but I can't change the font or size)

or

b) a custom format (which allows me to change the font and size, but does not include any rollover attributes)

I'd be happy to find where the default format is defined in the CSS (or in a .js or .xml file) and change it for the project if that's what it takes, with the caveat that I understand I may have to fix it manually or restore it from a separate backup every time I regenerate the project.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case I wasn't clear, what I'd like is to both control the font/size displayed and also to have regular hyperlink rollover (alink) effects. Anyone know how/where to do that?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See item 30 in Using RH7 on my site. That explains how to change the font colour when the provided options are not enough. Maybe poking around that area will help you find what to edit. If you do, please let us all know.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, lots of great stuff on your site, but that particular bit of code didn't do it. I thought it would and I played with it quite a bit, but I couldn't get any of my changes to affect the breadcrumb text at all - not even changing the font name made a difference! After that, I went back to the scripts I had been toying with and eventually found the answer. Here it is:

In whtopic.js (which you must save out separately to avoid it being overwritten on regen), there are two functions to be edited: AddMasterBreadcrumbs and GetMasterBreadcrumbs. In both cases, the variable that is modified is named strTrail. Here is how it looks in the default state:

AddMasterBreadcrumbs

var strTrail = "<a style=\""+ styleInfo + "\"" + " href=\"" + strHomePath + "\">" + strHome + "</a> " + separator + " ";

GetMasterBreadcrumbs

strTrail += "<a style=\""+ styleInfo + "\"" + " href=\"" + sHrefFullPath + "\">" + name + "</a> " + separator + " ";

To modify the breadcrumb style throughout the help system, change the HTML tag for style from <a> to <p>, and insert the <a> tag in front of the href instead, with >< brackets immediately preceding. Add in-line style elements as desired between the first two quotes in the style element. This must be identical in both functions. In the example below, I have changed the font to 8 point and the weight to bold:

AddMasterBreadcrumbs

var strTrail = "<p style=\"font-size:8pt; font-weight:Bold;"+ styleInfo + "\"" + "><a href=\"" + strHomePath + "\">" + strHome + "</a> " + separator + " ";

GetMasterBreadcrumbs

strTrail += "<p style=\"font-size:8pt; font-weight:Bold;"+ styleInfo + "\"" + "><a href=\"" + sHrefFullPath + "\">" + name + "</a> " + separator + " ";

That's all there is to it! Any other in-line style attributes, such as colors and font families, can be added in this fashion. I hope this helps someone else!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks remarkably like what is in Snippet 97 on my site.

Thanks for posting that Chris. I am sure it will be very useful to anyone wanting that extra bit of customisation.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was also trying to figure out why the font size on my breadcrumbs in FlashHelp (RoboHelp 7) was not the same on different topics. In my case, it was the because I had applied a different style sheet to the topic. I can't, however, figure out which setting in the style sheet (Topic Properties/Appearance) must be controlling the font size for the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yours is much better written though... 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp