• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot extract the embedded font MPDFAA++DejaVuSansCondensed...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After last update of Adobe Reader DC (15.017.20050) we have big problems with open PDF files. Some language characters are not displayed (like ż or ł) and we have error: "Cannot extract the embedded font MPDFAA++DejaVuSansCondensed some characters may not display or print correctly". On older version everything was fine. ADOBE DEVELOPERS - please quick fix this problem... ;-(

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch that fixes this font issue. Please download it from the page here and click to apply the same over your existing installation:

Release notes | Adobe Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update, July 21, 2016

Thanks,

-ashu 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Our engineering team is looking into this on priority and will share a resolution soon.

Regards,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am having the same problem though.

Adobe Reader DC: cannot extract embedded font "BKQYDZ+DejaVuSansCondensed"

Our customers and business partners are not able to open pdf invoices.

Can you give an estimate when the fix will be available?

some of our customes using foxit reader as solution already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I use mPDF to generate PDFs and I had the same problem with the latest Adobe Reader and now I found a solution:

The DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf font file is corrupted (or just the latest Adobe Reader can't extract it), so you have to fix these font files (don't forget the -Bold, -Oblique, etc. versions).

I used the "Type light" font editor: just open the DejaVu font files and save it. Use these new ttf files in order to generate PDFs and it will work with the latest Adobe Reader.

Notes:

- the size of the new ttf files will be a little bit larger, than the originals.

- I used the latest DejaVu fonts (dejavu-fonts-ttf-2.36).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asdfa80756749- it works! Thanks... You are the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asdfa80756749: Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried your suggestion but failed... could you please upload your version of the font somewhere on the internet?

edit: ok now i was successful. here are my files: http://www.filedropper.com/dejavusanscondensed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have exactly the same problem and we cannot print scandinavian characters like å, ä on our invoices. The characters were showing until 2 days ago and they suddenly stopped showing, although we didn´t change anything on our system. We tried from 3 differents PC running on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and both have the same problem.

I read what asdfa80756749 wrote above as a solution, but I didn´t succeed. What I did so far is:

- Downloaded the Type Light.

- Downdloaded the newest Dejavu condensed fonts (4 files: normal, bold, oblique and bold oblique). Copied them on windows fonts folder.

- Tried to see if the problem was fixed -> it wasn´t

- Opened the 4 files in Type Light and saved them again

- Tried to see if the problem was fixed -> it wasn´t

Does anyone have any other idea of what to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi salmon789​,

my solution was written for developers, who develop softwares which generate PDF files (eg. invoices and so on).

If you are an end-user, then my recommendation for you is use an other PDF reader, eg.: Foxit Reader, embeded PDF reader in Firefox and Chrome or an older version Adobe Reader. (or wait for an Adobe Reader fix/update)

The font files are embedded into the PDFs, so we have to change the PDF generators, not replace the font files under the windows fonts folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi asdfa80756749

Thanks for your help, it works again. I downloaded the Foxit Reader and all fonts come again as it should. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have released a patch that fixes this font issue. Please download it from the page here and click to apply the same over your existing installation:

Release notes | Adobe Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update, July 21, 2016

Thanks,

-ashu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The patch works like a charm for Adobe Reader DC for Mac! Please roll out soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same problem but on Adobe Reader XI Standard 11.0.17 (with licence). Can you also make a fix for this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you release a patch for Adobe Acrobat XI Pro ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can u please relase a patch for older Versions? We have the same Problems with Acrobat 8 Std, X Std and 9 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi daniela13454201​,

Sorry, Acrobat 8, 9 and X are no longer supported versions.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu!

Good that you have made a patch for this bug. 🙂

But please send out this patch to all users with automatic update as fast as possible.

Do you know when will you do it?

This is really a problem for us!

We send out pdf-files that we generate to our customers, who print, sign and send them back to us.

And now the documents are missing a lot of characters (Swedish characters ÅÄÖ) and look really ugly and are difficult to read.

So please, send the patch out on automatic update as fast as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @erikl91857207,

We will be releasing the automatic patch for Acrobat DC very soon (next week or so). Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an automatic update today that fixes the font issue. Please open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-august-02-2016.html

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent ! It does work ! Thanks a lot for your help !

Stephanie

De : ashumittal

Envoyé : mardi 2 août 2016 16:09

À : Stéphanie DHONT

Objet : Cannot extract the embedded font MPDFAA++DejaVuSansCondensed...

Cannot extract the embedded font MPDFAA++DejaVuSansCondensed...

created by ashumittal<https://forums.adobe.com/people/ashumittal> in Acrobat Reader - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/8916408#8916408>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu,

Thanks for the automatic update.

Acrobat Reader DC (2015.017.20053) works great with our documents now, all characters showing. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu,

Will there be an update for Adobe Reader XI resp. Adobe Acrobat Pro XI?

If so, would you be so kind and tell us estimated time of release?

Thanks in advance,

Philipp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philipp,

This will be patched in our next update for 11.x tentatively planned for Fall this year.

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu,

Thanks for the info!

Regards,

Philipp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem but on Adobe Reader XI Standard 11.0.17 (with licence). Can you also make a fix for this version?

try update this fix :15.017.20053 Optional update, August 02, 2016 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes

not working for me stil same problem if i try  install this fix :

Release notes | Adobe Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update, August 02, 2016

I get error:

Please help me. I dont know what i`m doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines