• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download with ADE?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android on Samsung tablet, trying to download book from Open Library. Using Chrome or the Internet app, I try to download, get a message from Open Library that the book is downloaded, but that I must open it with ADE within five minutes. I can't find the download on my system, don't know how to get the Digital Editions app to see it. Now what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you install digital Edition over android store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Editions installed and authorised, from the Google Play app that came installed on my tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then check in with folder of your Device the Library eBook are was saved. Click on the file and it was ask with which program it should open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I can/t find the file in the folders. I have tried using the search function for .ascm but didn't find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You download the file over a app of the library or of the internet browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded with Chrome, and also with the device's internet app... same results. Eather the .ascm file is not on my tablet or I can't find it, Same thing trying to download a book from Adobe Samples.  However, ebooks that are not DRM protected - from Project Gutenberg or from my regional public library - download just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check the stetting of the Internet Browser in the point of downloads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no downloads function listed in the settings of either of the browsers. I have wondered if there is a way to set that for Android, but so far I have not succeeded in finding out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You may try downloading the ebook on the computer and then copy it onto the device memory. You may then use any File Explorer app to navigate to the file and open it using ADE.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try that if nothing else works. I am also wondering whether there is an app I could get to download the .ascm files with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A app which download and files and open it authomatic is not known to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines