• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome all! Dreamweaver beta is now live!

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dw-screen.png

The Dreamweaver Beta is an early look at future developments for Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is undergoing significant transformations to be faster, leaner, and completely modernized. The Beta is available for Dreamweaver users to give us feedback, in an effort to help us make it better.

Downloads, Bugs, discussions, and feature requests for Dreamweaver Beta

Please use the links in the Beta site (adobe.ly/dw_beta) to download the application. The beta build is not available through the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Dreamweaver beta forum: Use the links within the Dreamweaver Beta site to discuss issues and features related to the beta release.

Bug and feature requests: Use  https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/

What’s new document: https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/beta/releasenotes.pdf

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been exploring the Dreamweaver CC 2017 beta, and have posted a detailed review on my blog: Dreamweaver public beta | Musings of a code slave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done, David.

Thanks.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran - I'll download it in the coming days and give it a spin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Os, You'll hate the dark UI.  Keep in mind, it's work in progress. 

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to use the dark UI.

Open the Preferences panel and set the UI Brightness slider at the bottom of the General category to either 0.66 (Light) or 1.00 (Lighter).

ui_brightness.jpg

Also select the Code Coloring category, and set Theme to Light theme, and click Apply.

At the moment, there are only two colour schemes for Code View, but more are planned for a later update of the beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O. wrote:

Os, You'll hate the dark UI. Keep in mind, it's work in progress.

Nancy O.

Yes, but it has options. Does this beta include brackets?

I read it has transported stuff like quick edit over and multiple cursors but not live preview - so how much of Brackets has made it thus far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Nancy says, it's a work in progress. The elements of Brackets that have been integrated so far include:

• Automatic completion of closing braces, parentheses, brackets, and quotation marks.
  • Highlighting of matching brace, etc., when the cursor is adjacent to the opening or closing one.
  • Duplicate, delete, select line.
  • Apply comments.
  • Multiple cursors and selections.
  • Quick Edit and Quick Docs.
  • Setting document type for approximately 40 programming languages.
  • Display of line and column.
  • Toggling Insert and Delete mode from the status bar.

Live Preview is scheduled for a later release (no date yet).

Code hints for CSS and JavaScript have been greatly improved. PHP code hints are being upgraded, but this is very much a rough area at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this beta include brackets?

Yes.  Brackets is there.

This is a Beta so some things are not fully integrated (turned on) yet.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an error trying to install it on a machine also running macOS Sierra:

The installation cannot continue as the installer file may be damaged. Download the installer file again.

I've tried a couple of times now without any luck.

Any suggestions, or is it most likely beta on beta not liking each other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iain,

We are aware of this issue and this is issue is specific to Mac 10.12.

Bug is still under investigation, hope will be fixed by next DW Beta release.

Meanwhile you can try below workaround:

* Open the terminal.

* Run "sudo spctl --master-disable" ( This Disables the assessment subsystem altogether. Operations that would be denied by system policy will be allowed to proceed; assessment APIs always report success. Requires root access.)

* Run "spctl --status" (Verify that you see "assessments disabled")

* Click on Dreamweaver Beta Set-up to install

* Once installation is completed, run "sudo spctl --master-enable" in Terminal

* Run "spctl --status" (Verify that you see "assessments enabled")

Also, when testing DW Beta on Mac 10.12 we have seen many instances of crash on launch.

Let us know if you need more information

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see a reply here (about the Sierra installer issues), but I have the same issue on a different beta. The suggested work around didn't help. Have you figured out anything new in the last three weeks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way that works. If I show package contents and go into the Contents/MacOS folder, and double-click the Install executable, it opens Terminal, and runs the installer ok. It installs very quickly, and even launches the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's tough to even consider if you don't have Server Behaviors and other basic related features that allow PHP programming and MySQL or MSSQL.

Not to sideline the thread but who really uses DW for any extended period of time and does not end up actually programming and using plugins that allow faster prototyping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any plans to allow customization of the code colours? I like the new colours in the Dark theme, however the comments are now a dark grey colour that blends in and I preffered them with a bright visible colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's related to the JIVE update earlier this morning, but I can't get into the Beta site.  Boxes spin but nothing happens.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was the snippet system gutted? Removing keyboard short cuts from snippets (other than this tab business) and removing the ability to have a snippet wrap around selection is a pretty big hit to the snippet system.

Its one of the features that kept me using dreamweaver. Also, cfscript isn't syntax highlighting for whatever reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Beta Forum to post your Beta questions.

Dreamweaver Beta site

Some features have not been turned on yet.  Other features will be implemented in a future build.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it makes no sense to remove the ability to wrap a snippet around a selection, it's a frequently used feature and tbh honest it's completely brainless to remove it ...... The mind boggles!!

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

an Adobe friend and I of myself we would like to support and comment the one and the other idea in

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas: Top (208 ideas) – Adobe Dreamweaver CC (2017 Beta): Feature Ideas

with our real "Adobe names." This happened andbecause of the better English I quote: "For some reason, although I logged in with the e-mail address that I'm using for my Adobe account, my comment shows up as Anonymous. Sorry about that."

What did we wrong? Is there a bug?

Thanks for answering in advance.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you enter your name in the box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

thanks for your answer. I'm really sure, that I/we used all(!) our names (real and Adobe's). Perhaps the problem arises again maybe next time. In this case I'll come back.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new look and platform. nice color codes and on the eyes with black bk ground. Faster uploads noticed too.  good job DW adobe crew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the new Dreamweaver beta! Nice color codes and faster uploads. Good Job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any word on if Adobe will bring back the Business catalyst extension?

the loss really hurts Dreamweaver as a tool people are willing to learn ime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines