• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not recognizing my .RW2 RAW files on new installation

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom on my laptop to be able to edit and view photos on my upcoming trip. I have been storing both the images and the Lightroom catalog on an external drive so as to be able to access it both on my desktop and laptop. However, Lightroom seems to be unable to edit or export my RW2 (RAW) files and says that 'The file is not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom.' when I open them in Develop. I shot these picture on my Panasonic DMC-G7 in both RAW and JPEG.

Any help would be great!

Gabriel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Lightroom is version 6.0, this version will not open the RAWs from your camera. You need a later version as stated. I have given you the link to download the update from.

Windows 8.1 is version 6.3, which is irrelevant here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Lightroom 6.1/Lightroom CC 2015.1 or later.

If you don't have this, you'd need to download and install it (assuming you have some version of LR 6/LR CC 2015)

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My about section shows the following:

Lightroom version: 6.0 [1014445]

License: Perpetual

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Business Edition

Version: 6.3 [9600]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

It shows 6.0 and 6.3 so I'm not sure which is correct. I recently updated Photoshop to 2015.5 through the Creative Cloud app but nothing is available for Lightroom and Help>Updates... is greyed out.

The support works fine on my other computer which I'm fairly sure is the same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is version 6.0, this version will not open the RAWs from your camera. You need a later version as stated. I have given you the link to download the update from.

Windows 8.1 is version 6.3, which is irrelevant here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Lightroom version 6.0

and Windows 8.1 version 6.3

When you downloaded to the new computer, your got the old 6.0 version of Lightroom, which Adobe requires you to then patch.

You need to upgrade your Lightroom to 6.1 or newer (current is 6.6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem of .RW2 not being recognized - I am using Lightroom 4 and have just updated it to 4.4 - has that update caused this problem??? because I have happily been working with .RW2 from my previous camera, on Lightroom 4 - before I changed my laptop and updated the version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera? What is the exact problem, what happens that makes you say .RW2 is "not being recognized"? If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ80 - a brand new camera - it is compact but shoots in RAW.  (.RW2).  Have been using Panasonic Lumix FZ200 previously, also shooting same format and worked well with my Lightroom 4.  Have tried putting SD card into card reader on laptop, and also plugging in with my camera - each time following error:  The files are not recognised by the raw format suport in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The FZ200 has been supported since Lightroom 4.2.

The TZ80 has only been supported since Lightroom 6.4. No earlier versions of Lightroom can read that Raw format and there will be no further updates for those earlier versions.

Options:

1. Upgrade to Lightroom 6 or
  2. Join the Cloud, or
  3. Use the free Adobe DNG converter, convert all TZ80 Raw files to DNG format then edit the DNG files in Lightroom 4. An extra step for you but no extra cost.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC
    Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that - have now downloaded DNG converter and successfully transferred into Lightroom!  Big help.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines