• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexplained failure

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system version ( 32 bit or 64 bit version )

Windows 10, 64 bit

Web browser and version

Firefix 42.0

Flash Player version

Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible

Installation fails at around 60-70% progress, and directs me to the webpage linked here:

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/adm/?exitcode=-1073740777&type=update&re=0&appId=200

I followed every suggestion on your help pages, even installing with another browser, problem persists.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Thank you.

From the online installer log files I couldn't quite determine if the installation process had gotten as far as attempting to install Flash Player itself (online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background), but the failure is prior to this point as the FlashInstall.log file doesn't have anything recent in it.  I do see an error in the online installer log file referring to a proxy server, which you indicate you don't use.  It could be a false error or some

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try with the latest version of Flash Player(22.0.0.209).

Additionally, please provide us the logs to help us debug the issue. To do the same follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Launch Windows Explorer and navigate C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\
  2. Right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
  3. Rename the new file to ADM.trace
  4. Run the online installer again until it stops
  5. When the installation stops, the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files will contain additional debugging information.
  6. Upload the 2 log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jimthen

Are you using a proxy server?  If so, how is it configured?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not use proxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to review the FlashInstall.log file.  Please upload the FlashInstall.log files saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash to cloud.acrobat.com/send and post the link in your reply.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

From the online installer log files I couldn't quite determine if the installation process had gotten as far as attempting to install Flash Player itself (online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background), but the failure is prior to this point as the FlashInstall.log file doesn't have anything recent in it.  I do see an error in the online installer log file referring to a proxy server, which you indicate you don't use.  It could be a false error or something in how your system is configured to access the internet is causing it to thing it's using a proxy.

To see how how Firefox is accessing the internet launch Firefox and navigate to about:preferences#advanced and then click on the Settings button in the Connection section.  A new window will pop-up. This will display if it's configured to use a proxy or not.

Windows 10 has a Proxy config listed in both Settings and in the Control Panel:

• Settings > Netowrk & Internet > Proxy and see if it's configured there
  • Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings

Ensure all of these are not configured to use a proxy

I'm going to forward the installer log files to the online installer team to troubleshoot further.  They may have more questions for you after they review it.  In the mean time, you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier in the 'Still having problems' section.  This is the full installer and doesn't download anything silently in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proxy was turned off in Win 10's settings, but Firefox had some sort of proxy set:

data:text/javascript,function FindProxyForURL(url, host) {if ((url.indexOf("proxmate=us") != -1)) { return 'PROXY us08.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us05.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us07.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us02.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us01.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us09.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us06.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us11.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us13.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us03.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us12.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us14.sq.proxmate.me:8000; PROXY us10.sq.proxmate.me:8000' } else { return 'DIRECT'; }}

I switched to no proxy, and tried running the installer again. This time it got as far as to ask me to close Firefox, and I thought now it's working - not. Foiled again. In the end I downloaded the offline installer, and it installed without any problems whatsoever. Maybe you should make it easier to choose the offline installer, like offer a link on the page I linked in my first message. I hope you manage to find the bug, so that others don't get the same problem in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The proxy setting is most likely what was causing the error.

"This time it got as far as to ask me to close Firefox,"

The installer (online or offline) will only prompt to close the browser if you're installing a version that's already installed.  If Flash isn't installed, or you're upgrading from a previous version to a newer version, Flash won't prompt to close the browser.  Can you upload a new set of FlashInstall.log files?  I'd like to see what it has now.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In the end I downloaded the offline installer, and it installed without any problems whatsoever."

Ironically I suggested that way up in the post!

Not everyone on the internet is up to no good!

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Ironically I suggested that way up in the post!"

That might be so, but unrelated sites trying to put cookies on my computer when following a link in your guide makes me reluctant.

"Not everyone on the internet is up to no good!"

Again that might be so, I call the 80/20 rule, 80% of everyone on the internet is up to no good, 20% are serious, decent people. I'm sure you're among the latter, Carm01.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the manual process a try as outlined here; its only 2 steps

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player - Windows

Hopefully that will assist you

Best Regards

Please mark my post here helpful or answered if I have assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be prudent to wait for official staff reply, when an apparently direct link redirects via two other sites who insist on setting cookies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines