• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not apply the workspace because the file was not found."

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to the latest version of Photoshop (CC 2015.5). Some of my photoshop files won't open and I keep getting an error: "Could not apply the workspace because the file was not found."

I have uninstalled/installed Photoshop CC 2015.5, I have uninstalled and installed two previous versions of Photoshop, I have reset my Preferences, and I have repaired disk permissions.

None of these has worked.

What would this be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Hi,

Quick note of clarification on the 2105.5.1 update: the error message that the OP reported is inaccurate for the condition. The update should just fix the alert to note that the file can't be opened, instead of the misleading alert that a workspace can't be applied.

We didn't make any fixes to open a file which fails intermittently. We still don't have a root understanding for the problem that the OP was running into.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it just some files? Do they actually open? Is this on OSX or Win?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only some files, yes. And it's OS X. The weird thing is, my colleague can open the file on her OS X machine using the same version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open files but I can't use certain features like the new Select and Mask and I can't customise the layers panel.I always get the same notice. "The file is locked" even when I don't have a file open.I need an answer NOW as I am teaching this program and I am paying for it. How about some answers Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version of Photoshop is absolute rubbish. I am now being told that Photoshop will close down whenever I do something. I have had no trouble with earlier versions of cloud so it's not my computer that is at fault. I have already waited a total of two hours waiting to be answered by phone with no response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could not apply the select and mask workspace because the file could not be found"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also seeing this behaviour on the Mac and unable to open work files. I'm also getting random quits in Photoshop and Illustrator, even when the programs are just idling they decide to quit.

I hate how buggy and flaky Photoshop has become. It used to be such a robust and powerful tool. Now a buggy, unpredictable mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has this been answered? its happening to me also

Does anybody have a solution???

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's supposed to be fixed in the photoshop cc 2015.5.1 update.

Photoshop CC 2015.5.1 Update Now Available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Quick note of clarification on the 2105.5.1 update: the error message that the OP reported is inaccurate for the condition. The update should just fix the alert to note that the file can't be opened, instead of the misleading alert that a workspace can't be applied.

We didn't make any fixes to open a file which fails intermittently. We still don't have a root understanding for the problem that the OP was running into.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been resolved? I purchased last night and am getting the same "could not apply select and mask workspace because file could not be found". Please assist.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What you report seems like a separate issue. Can you start a new post with alert string in the topic title? Also please include the information found in Help> System Info...

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just downloaded Photoshop CC 2015.5 last night and tried to select a default workspace i.e.: Typography, Photography, etc. and none of them work. It appears this issue has not been solved. Is there an update to this particular issue?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desktop is over 5 years old. I use Photoshop CC or it and I have Photoshop CS6 on it too with a lifetime of saved actions, presets and brushes etc.  I easily moved some of the most used items from CS6 over to Photoshop CC on that desktop about a year ago for use out on the road. I just recently bought a new laptop because the desktop is about to die. I downloaded Photoshop CC to the laptop and I get nothing but error messages for almost everything I do. I see my actions in a creative cloud folder but get this file not found message when trying to move them into this version of Photoshop CC. I opened some photos to see what I could do  and get an error message when trying to save them.  I get an error message when trying to use any of the filters such as blur or sharpen. Almost everything I try to do pops up an error message. It's pretty much useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a new laptop, my life was supposed to be better using my apps... I am getting the same error message and a few others...I am also trying to save a 8 x 8 preset and every time I log out and come back in my preset is gone... I am also getting error message about the resolution.

HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has this been resolved? I am having the same issue as well, and this is very frustrating, I need my select and mas tool - like NOW! lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Preference > Plug Ins > Enable Generator on by chance?  I was having all kind of problems opening files with workspace errors but once I turned it off I was able to open everything without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have same problem and it's not enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this problem EVER GOING TO BE FIXED???  I have 2017 latest version and I get this plus many other workspace errors.  I cannot even select on of the pre-loaded workspaces ( eg 3D, Photography etc). 

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Photoshop 2022 (23.5.0) and getting same annoying message. And it started to appear with no reason. Could not apply the workspace because the file was not found. I've tried everything uninstall re-install permisions even ridiculous advices like open CL.  It annoys me so much. But whats annoying me more than that is what kind a correct answer is that on this page? Its not even an answer! After 5 years.. its still there and could not find a solution.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines