Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer e-books from one Adobe ID to another

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have bought a number of e-books with an Adobe ID I no longer have access to. I forgot the password of that Adobe ID and the email address is no longer accessible for me. It does not exist anymore. Therefore I cannot request a new password.

I got the advise to create a new Adobe ID and de-activate re-activate the Adobe Digital Editions installation. Despite the warning that e-books might not be accessible, I proceeded. As you might have guessed, I cannot open the old e-books anymore as they are associated to my former Adobe ID. I get an E_ADEPT_INTERNAL error when I try to open the old ebooks.

Is there a solution for this? Is it possible to remove the association of an ePub file with a certain Adobe ID and associate it with a new one. I cannot imagine that I am the first one that is presented with this issue. There should be a standard solution for this issue. However, I looked through the forums but I was unable to find a proper solution. Buying all the old ebooks anew isn't an option to my mind.

Best egards, Kees

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

eBook can not transfer to a other Adobe ID. You can only ask your reseller how has buy the eBook if you can get the eBook new für a ohter Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines