Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Install without Updater Service

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is it possible to install the latest Adobe Flash version without installing the "Adobe Flash Player Update Service"?

We are updating in a company the Flash Player manually (or want to do that) and we donĀ“t want to do it automatically.

Is there any way to exclude the installer for the service?

The last hours, iĀ“ve searched for a solution, but found nothing about it.

We want to use it on Windows 7.

BTW: Same issue by Adobe Acrobat 11.

Best Regards

beaviz

PS: Sorry for my bad english, i am from germany...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable the background update service by adding SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0 to the mms.cfg file

to completely disable updates also add AutoUpdateDisable=1 to the mms.cfg file.  The default setting, if nothing is selected is AutoUpdateDisable=0 which opts the system into Notification Updates.  Information on the various update options is available in the Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection

If you are distributing Flash Player within your organization you'll need to license Flash Player (usually free) if you haven't done so already.  See Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe for more information and request the license.

I can't speak for Acrobat 11.  For that you'll need to post to the Acrobat forum:

Acrobat  or Acrobat Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!

Thanks for your answer and the info with the mms.cg-file.

But i want to know if there is a parameter or something else to install the flash player without installing the Flash-Updater Service.

Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you how to completely remove all the components of the updater service if you like, but I am unaware of installing it without the updater service.

I cant find it in the admin guide unless i overlooked it.

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carm01

Removing the updater service is NOT a supported workflow.  User's who do so and encounter issues will not receive support on unsupported workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@m_vargas

FYI..

I have removed all the associated update components and services and never had any issues doing so for over a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I simply stated it's an unsupported workflow.  You may not have encountered issues, but it doesn't mean other's won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@beaviz

No, there is no way to install Flash Player without the Background Updater.  The ONLY supported workflow is to disable it via the mms.cfg file.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines