Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe digital edition: no response

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i bought an acsm-file which I need to read due to coming exams in 1 week. I've downloaded ADE and logged in from my old account.

Then I opened the acsm file and ADE downloaded it. Before ADE completely downloaded it, ADE crashed. (I thought wow.. this is not true, is it?!).

After I restarted it, the book was in my lib.. okay then, let's open it. Crash.

Fine. Restart. Open the book! Crash. GREAT. Did a trainee or pupil program this software or what...

When I'm not trying to open a book, it's not going to crash but as soon as I want to read a book, it's crashing, 100% percent.

I've also tried it out with different kind of books.

I'm so mad the website I bought the books are only avaible with the acsm standard and it's binded to ADE. I thought Ok, I've heard a lot about Adobe (Photoshop, Illustration... but I know that Adobe Reader sucks too..) and was carefree.

But atm I regret it not searching explicitly for .pdf-files.

So what's next? I removed the books from my lib and added them again (download error: E_STREAM_ERROR, license error... hahaha.. ok).

After a few trials it worked. Well, "worked", the program ADE crashed again after almost downloading the file.

What's wrong with that ***** program?

Is there ANY alternative?

I mean, what can I expect from software that I've downloaded and installed properly? THAT IT WORKS!

That paradigma should been known to every software programmer... Version 4.5... feels like beta. Holy moly..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has you try if it work with a older version? Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines