• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temp folder created in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed

Advocate ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that on a Windows 10 64 bit system, bith at home and at work I noticed that a new folder called temp is created with another randomly named folder within that. ( see attached )

How to recreate this

1) Run the offline uninstaller

2) use the offline NPAPI installer - this created blank temp folder

3) Run the offline installer again this seems to create a random folder with a file i never seen before.

I am not sure if this is a bug or deliberate but thought I would bring it up?.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

The creation of a TEMP folder in C:\WinDir\SysDir\Macromed\Flash is expected behaviour in 22.0.0.209/22.0.0.210 on all supported Windows platforms (for all player types: Activex, NPAPI, PPAPI).  It is to address a security issue fixed in this release.  However, there is a bug in that some temp directories created within the new TEMP directory are not being deleted when the installation/uninsallation completes.  This should be fixed in a future release of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The creation of a TEMP folder in C:\WinDir\SysDir\Macromed\Flash is expected behaviour in 22.0.0.209/22.0.0.210 on all supported Windows platforms (for all player types: Activex, NPAPI, PPAPI).  It is to address a security issue fixed in this release.  However, there is a bug in that some temp directories created within the new TEMP directory are not being deleted when the installation/uninsallation completes.  This should be fixed in a future release of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines