• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Failure

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to apologize to everybody for "crashing their party" as it goes. With that said here's my problem - complete with illustrations:

My computer is Windows Vista and I browse with Firefox 48.0b7; for the past 72 hours or so I've been trying to install Flash 22 and the picture tell the whole story.

Step 1.gif

Step 2.gif

Step 3.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for starting a new topic for your issue. I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot the failure.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?  and provide the following files: Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log, and FlashInstall.log (if this is a 64-bit OS there will be 2 FlashInstall.log files).  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in you reply.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the good news is I found the files you are looking but the bad news is I hate using UAC as it always questions every move I make. Do I have to have UAC on to get at them? If I do then that's what I'll have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files are in the user's temp directory and I don't think that requires any special permissions to get to.  The FlashInstall.log file is in a WinDir/SysDir and may require elevated permissions to get to.  I have Windows 7 with the default UAC setting and am never prompted with the UAC window to get to it.  If that's the only way to get to the files in your system, temporarily enabling UAC will allow to to get them.  You can disable UAC afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to find ANY of above mentioned documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hmm..odd.  Based on the screenshots, at the point of failure these files should exist:

32 Bit Windows:

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log

64 Bit Windows:

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log

C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs - Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log

It'd be great to have those to troubleshoot the failure with the online installer.

As an alternative you can try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier  page in the 'Still having problems' section.  If this fails as well, I'll need the FlashInstall.log file(s) to troubleshoot.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines