• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlays with JUST lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I downloaded the latest version of lightroom 6 and have a bunch of templates, cards, and overlays. Is there anyway I can use these WITHOUT using photoshop? I can't afford to buy photoshop right now and want to use the cards, templates, and overlays.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

If the Photo Overlays are PNG files with transparency than you can use Lightrooms "Identity Plate" and/or "Graphic Watermark" to print or print to file with these overlays.   I have used the Identity Plate as an overlay several times and it works well on a limited basis but Photoshop/Elements would be the better solution if you are going to do this a lot        See here how to do this.

How To Add Christmas Overlays in Lightroom - Lightroom Presets

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what cards, templates and overlays you have. But, generally speaking, those kinds of add-ons normally don't work with Lightroom. The Nik collection of tools will work with Lightroom, And there are some preset packages and add-ons designed specially for Lightroom. Where did you get these things that you want to use? And, what have you been using them with up until now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded this http://photographypla.net/planetpass/ . I didn't realize that the templates, cards and overlays couldn't be used in lightroom. If I downloaded photoshop elements, would I then be able to use these?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded this http://photographypla.net/planetpass/ . I didn't realize that the templates, cards and overlays couldn't be used in lightroom. If I downloaded photoshop elements, would I then be able to use these?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alyssa,

The Lightroom presets will, of course, work in Lightroom.

The Photoshop Actions require the full version of Photoshop and will not work with Elements.

The Photo Overlays and Print Templates (Cards, etc.) should work OK in Photoshop Elements.

I should point out that, although you have LR6, it's important to realize that Adobe offers the Photography plan for $9.99 per month, which includes the latest versions of LR and PS (the full PS). LR6 is several years old, and is falling behind LRCC in features and capability.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Hope this helps!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Photo Overlays are PNG files with transparency than you can use Lightrooms "Identity Plate" and/or "Graphic Watermark" to print or print to file with these overlays.   I have used the Identity Plate as an overlay several times and it works well on a limited basis but Photoshop/Elements would be the better solution if you are going to do this a lot        See here how to do this.

How To Add Christmas Overlays in Lightroom - Lightroom Presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines