Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install flash player

Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to play games on facebook and keep getting the message that I need to have newest version of flash player. Every time I attempt to install it I get a window saying flash player is already installed with windows 10, but when I click the "test" button I get message that it is either not installed or not enabled.  When I go to the window to enable it it says it is already enabled. No matter what I try I keep going around in circles with no solutions and it still won't let me install/download flash player at all.  Please help if you can.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its windows 10 internet explorer. I tried your suggestion regarding enabling the compatibility mode, unfortunately it didn't work so I removed it and now I get an error message saying " The header is too large". I have no idea what that even means. Can you please help me? I'm so frustrated right now. That's why it took me so long to respond to your message. I don't even want to get near my laptop anymore. Thank you so much for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@joeb8459572

Regarding your comment "Its windows 10 internet explorer. I tried your suggestion regarding enabling the compatibility mode, unfortunately it didn't work so I removed it and now I get an error message saying " The header is too large".

What did you remove?

The header too large error is a known issue. It has to do with too many *.adobe.com cookies.  Deleting this will get rid of the error.  But I'm still curious as to what you removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If Flash Player is enabled, and ActiveX Filtering is disabled, the widget would detect Flash.  Does Flash work on other pages, for example, http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about or http://www.homestarrunner.com/, or other sites?

If you enable compatibility mode (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11), does Flash Player work?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, my husband just told me it's not windows 10 it's windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no windows 11

It would be Internet explorer version 11 perhaps?

On Windows 10 and for Flash of IE or edge those updates and installations are handled through windows updates.

Did you try running windows updates?

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you're correct it is internet explorer 11. I did try running windows updates and I still get the same error message. I'm thinking that I'm obviously doing something wrong I just can't figure out what it is. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are using Internet Explorer not EDGE as they are NOT the same.

Normally when IE goes wonky I just remove and re-add it, but I want to make sure you disable activeX filtering as well.

here is an adobe article on that here:

Fix ActiveX problems in Flash Player on Internet Explorer

Lets see if that works

Best Regards

If I have assisted you please mark my post helpful or answered

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this didn't work either. But I sincerely appreciate your suggestion and your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

Hope that Helps

Best regards

Please mark my post helpful or answered if I have assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also

Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I intrude on here? Firefox - Vista - this is Firefox 48.0b7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines