• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems when localizing html files with globla variables

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we encountered a problem when we do localication.
our vender (has done many localization for us for years) cannot handle the tag aournd the Glolbal variables.

<!--kadov_tag{{<uservariable name=OS_Supprot x-format=OS_Supprot x-value="Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000" x-showvalue>}}-->Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000<!--kadov_tag{{</uservariable>}}-->.</p>

their tool cannot identify these tags and will separate a sentence to two independent parts, which may cause troubles during translation.

Are there anyone encountered the same problem and know how to deal with these tags?

I like global variables very much untill I got a call from our vendor today. I do not want to go back and remove all variables.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am not sure how your vendor is proceeding with the translation of variables. However, I'd suggest that your vendor should only translate the rhvariable.apj file and nothing else(Should not translate the text within the Kadov tags). Please try this and let me know if it still does not work.

Regards,
Pooja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pooja for your suggestion.

I have talked with our vendor. They can only translate the rhvariable.aph, but the <!--kadov_tag still can give some troubles during the translation. they don't know the kadov tags.

Their transliation tool will treat the kadov tags as external tags, and then all text within the kadov tags will be invisible to the translation machine, which makes the sentence in which a global variable is used incomplete. Translation quality is not garreteed when an incomplete sentence is translated .

currently, I have two choices:
1. remove all global variables. --- I don't like this idea.
2. do something on the kadov tags and make the translation machine can work with it. --- I don't know how to do. change the kadov tags to something they know before translation, then change it back after translation. I am not sure.

Can someone give me some ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AGsMM,

Just FYI, I am a technical writer for RoboHelp, working at Adobe and I have spoken to our engineering team on the issue that you are facing. As we have no knowledge on the translation tool used by your vendor, so recommendation is to let your vendor know in advance that his translation tool should treat Kadov tags as comments only. But you must not remove these tags as RoboHelp has the capability to understand these tags and the attributes and values enclosed.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Pooja Text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi AGsMM,

Just FYI, I am a technical writer for RoboHelp, working at Adobe and I have spoken to our engineering team on the issue that you are facing. As we have no knowledge on the translation tool used by your vendor, so recommendation is to let your vendor know in advance that his translation tool should treat Kadov tags as comments only. But you must not remove these tags as RoboHelp has the capability to understand these tags and the attributes and values enclosed.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Pooja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp