• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Captivate 3 to Flash CS3

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution for the issue with captivate scaling the slide background images by half when exporting Captivate 3 to Flash CS3? I'm noticing there is a 'boundin-box' clip in the flash file that is the size of the captivate file I'm exporting.

In other words, My captivate file is 500 x 400. When I export the file and open in Flash, my background images are: 250 x 200, but there is a clip named 'bounding-box' that is the correct size (500x400).

There is also a green box (probably a corrupted mask) around the cursors.

I've searched extensively for a solution to this and have only found other people sharing this problem. Help. The only reason I need captivate is for screen record to manipulate in flash. If it can't do that then, to me, what's the point?
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed this issue too. Except my issue is the images are 50000 x 40000 when they should be 800 x 600. I have also noticed any images used for buttons are half the size they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same issue when importing Captivate 3 files into Flash CS3. I need to convert the Captivate file into an .flv file. So as an alternative, I've attempted to convert the published Captivate .swf file to an .flv using Moyea swf to video converter, but it doesn't retain the image quality and it increases the file size by a great deal.

I've read on some forums that Captivate 2 to Flash 8 may work, but I haven't tried that yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. Background slides look to be about half size, and a green box around the cursor while it extends beyond the image, appearing to click into empty space.

I am developing tutorials on a Mac, and the only reason I am using a PC right now is to get Cap files into Flash for manipulation on the Mac.

We need a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2008 May 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- The slide backgrounds are all held on one layer in Flash. Looks to
consistently be layer 2, named Slide Backgrounds :-)
- This layer is locked. So click on the little padlock and unlock the layer.
- Select "Onion Skin" and "Edit Multiple Frames"
- Two little 'start onion skin" and "end onion skin" indicators appear at
the top of the timeline - move them to the start and end of the timeline, so
they encompass the whole project.
- Select the Slide Backgrounds layer so that all of the Slide Background
images are selected at once. You may need to also click on the background.
- If you get it right. You'll see size and location values for the
background in the Properties panel.
- Type in the correct slide background size, and position 0,0.

Steve

--
Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
European eLearning Summit - EeLS
Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
http://www.elearningsummit.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2008 May 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all well and good, However is there a chance that adobe could include a fix in the next flash update?
(I know Captivate isn’t a priority for the flash community.. but some of us need these functions to work)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the previous posts. The export to Flash functionality needs to be improved. The solution Steve Howard posted, while greatly appreciated, is cumbersome when dealing with large presentations. I hope Adobe reads these posts and provides a fix for this problem soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to our community, GL2corp

If you really wish for Adobe to hear the issue, you (and others) should definitely consider submitting a Bug Report about it.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources