I came across this page https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2081230 while looking for a way to update 1 modified page instead of the whole website. Still haven't found that answer, but this may give you the answer you're looking for. It says:
To provide a unified editing experience for Adobe Muse users, starting with Tuesday, Feb 2nd 2016, all Adobe Muse sites published to Business Catalyst will be editable through InBrowser Editing (https://inbrowserediting.adobe.com/) instead of BC's integrated InContext Editor.
As such, when clicking on Edit button on the upper ribbon, user will be redirected to InBrowser Editing to edit the site's content. Once done, user can return to the Business Catalyst admin interface without having to login again.
Thanks. I'll check that out. But I have updated my site numerous times without problems since February 2016 using Muse. It's just in the past month or so that I've encountered this new problem.
Just to be clear, are you unable to use MU or are you unable to upload files to your server? 2 different things.
If your server is full or the username and password has been reset, you would need to contact your web hosting provider for assistance.
The only other thing I can thing of is on this link. What's new in InBrowser Editing A new version InBrowser Editing was rolled out Monday June 20th, 3 PM PST, 6 PM EST, 10 PM GMT. This in combination with the new change in February may be the answer. That's all I can think of. Hope it helps.
I can use Adobe Muse as I have for two years. It's when I go to Publish the revised site that I have the problem. I can't understand why I would have a sign-in problem, as I'm continuing to use Adobe's service as the website host as I have for two years. I do occasionally have to re-sign in to Creative Cloud (for reasons that are unclear to me), but so far as I can tell I am signed in to Creative Cloud and to my Adobe hosting service now as I have been for some two years.
I'll try uploading an updated version of again later today. Maybe I'll take a screen shot of what I get when I try to publish and post it here.
I tried uploading a change to my website today, and although it seemed to work, when I go to the actual site, www.amazingasheville.net, what's there is the site from my last successful change, June 19, 2016. Today's changes (along with those over the past several weeks) don't appear.
It must be in where the changed site is going. Instead of going to my site it goes to www.amazingasheville.net/amazingasheville.net/index.html
So, then, I try to go down to Option and change that to New Site, but the only options I get are four sites that end with the businesscatalyst.com extension.
(As noted, I am a Creative Cloud subscriber and also I have web hosting through Business Catalyst.)
Something has changed -- no problems in the nearly two years I have used Muse to create and update this site -- and I don't know how to change it back.
Below is a screen shot of what I get after I Publish and also two smaller screen shots of some of the menu options I'm presented with.
1 person found this helpful
I am out of my depth here. Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone#. I will raise a support case for you. To send a private message, click my picture and use the message option.
It looks like the site was duplicated into a sub-folder. I don't know if this is a question for MU or Business Catalyst.
Thanks to those who offered help, including Nancy O. and also Preran of Adobe. Preran helped set up a phone call on my case from Adobe support. A couple of phone calls today from Amahajan (I probably don't have the name exactly right) helped me resolve the issue, and I am now able to again publish updates to my site. Thank you!
Glad your problem is solved. What was the solution in case other people have a similar ordeal.
It had to do with the folder on the server. The Options menu after I clicked Publish was showing a certain folder, and I was told that I should simply leave that entry blank. That seemed to make the difference.
Nancy, I think you were on the right track about the problem.
There's also a new update (as I recall, it's dated July 20) to Muse that I saw for the first time today and applied, and that seemed to also be involved in the solution. The person who called me from Adobe said there had been some issues with Muse that the latest update solved.
I'm a writer, mainly books on retirement and travel, not a website developer or graphic artist, so 80 or 90% of Adobe Creative Cloud is above my head and of little practical value to me, but to get a few components of CC that I need I have to buy a subscription to the whole thing.