• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word wrapping of HTML source

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source (HTML) view of a topic is always formatted with extra carriage returns and tabs. I appreciate the fact that the lines of html are word wrapped. However, I don't need or want all these extra formatting characters. It makes search and replace very difficult. Can I disable this feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed

Unfortunately there is no way I'm aware of to influence a change in this behavior.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most code editors use tabs and colors as does RH (this is what is needed when dealing with markup languages).

There are good multi-line (usually with Starting, Ending, Including, Not Including options) products out there. I use FAR, and others on the forum use the free BK ReplaceEm tool.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that there are other good text editors. However, the WYSIWYG part of the Robohelp editor is very good. It is just a pain to try to do multi-file search and replace operations, when the files have unpredictable numbers of CRs and Tabs inserted into the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is what it is.

Investigate the two Find&Replace tools I mentioned, or see if you can find something else more to your liking.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I use EditPlus for these operations. You can search multiple files, replace Breaks and <p> and do other searches quickly. In addition, it has a very nice macro function for tweaking blocks of text.

You can also deal with hhk and other text-based files. This is very useful for changing a whole wad of broken links at once including links in the hhc and hhk files.

I can open stuff in EditPlus while RoboHTML is running. RoboHTML's editor also does a nice job of deleting unmatched formating openers like <span> <blockquote> <p>, etc. As soon as you save the EditPlus file, RoboHTML updates the page.

In addition, EditPlus will open hundreds of files at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp