Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud for desktop installation - error code : 50

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I try to install the new version of Creative Cloud for desktop (march 19, 2014), but it doesn't work.

I have W7, 64bits, 4 Go, french edition. CC for desktop is also in french.

I also have some trouble with the Premiere Pro, it's why i uninstall every Adobe CC applications and i try to reinstall them now.

I have the message :

Creative Cloud for desktop installation - error code : 50

Help me !

Thanks

Valéry

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi valParis,

Welcome to Adobe Forums

You can follow the below mentioned link -

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6227314

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks

Garima

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK IT WORKS !!!

Follow the steps : http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

To inform you, I check the PDApp.log as its told in the message :

The last lines are interesting, they tell that

1) Failed to create backup folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC

2) It was just after the success of insertAppletRelInfoList installation !

Here is the extract :

03/21/14 17:14:42:363 | [INFO] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1840 | SUCCESS insertAppletRegInfoList.

03/21/14 17:14:42:363 | [INFO] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1840 | SUCCESS insertAppletRelInfoList.

03/21/14 17:14:42:363 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1840 | Failed to create backup folder.

03/21/14 17:14:42:378 | [FATAL] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1840 | Failed to create backup folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC

03/21/14 17:14:42:472 | [FATAL] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1840 | package installation failed and the return code was 50

03/21/14 17:14:42:472 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1840 | Failed to install with return code: 50

03/21/14 17:14:42:566 | [INFO] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1840 | Successfully deleted temp guid directory

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I only recently upgraded to Creative Cloud (2014 version) in early 2015. After encountering the 'error code 50' issue, I searched the Adobe support forums for a solution. I tried the uninstall/reinstall, running the cleaner, etc. Nothing worked.

After trying many other things, I decided to close Chrome while the installation process was running. I received no error message. During an upgrade recently (to CC 2015), I encountered the same 'error code 50' issue. I shut down Chrome, and the error disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem. Tried everything they told me to do but nothing worked...

at least I had to reset my computer and now it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, almost every Creative Cloud installation error is caused by the acrotray.exe process that is running in the background.

You can attempt the numerous steps provided by the links above (which involve uninstalling CC, cleaning, reinstalling, etc.), or you can simply kill acrotray.exe process via the Task Manager on Windows, and attempt installation or update of Creative Cloud again.

This does it for me almost every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply attempted the install again and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In my experience, almost every Creative Cloud installation error is caused by the acrotray.exe process that is running in the background.

You can attempt the numerous steps provided by the links above (which involve uninstalling CC, cleaning, reinstalling, etc.), or you can simply kill acrotray.exe process via the Task Manager on Windows, and attempt installation or update of Creative Cloud again.

This does it for me almost every time." Andrei I Gere

The best solution, thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just delete all the adobe's directories:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

and

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, this helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JeffersonDias!

That did the trick, but it's sufficient to delete the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\backup

...and all the other backup-folders you may find..

Took me one hour, Adobe, i want my money back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my case here:

1. install, and error msg "error code A12E1".

2. close window firewall, install again, msg "error code 50".

3. follow the webpage step 1-4 :

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

>>>( no need uninstall adobe software)

>>>( backup folder "\Users\AppData\")

4. Restart the computer, close firewall, install and msg "error code 50" again.

-------------------------------------------------------

5. final try and it works

5a. right click (run as "admin") CC Cleaner Tool ("AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe")

5b. follow the webpage "Solution 2: Run the CC Cleaner tool" :

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

>>>( Rename the following "OOBE" folders to "OOBE.old" : )

>>>( "\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE" )

>>>( "\Users\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE" )

5c. Restart the computer, close firewall, install (run as "admin")  and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem for the last few days and today I tried it again and still got error 50. A friend of mine told me to log into adobe in my browser and then try it again. It didn't make sense to me but I trust him. So I went into my account, I checked my billing info just to make sure that wasn't the problem. Everything looked ok so I left the browser window open and tried updating CC again and it worked! I'm baffled and I thought it was a troll but it worked. Can anyone explain this to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of the above, then tried logging into my account as suggested by adlopez210 and it worked (THANK YOU!)

Am I alone in thinking that this has been an issue for well over a year, and the idea of having to jump through all these hoops to get the software to work is obscene? Come on Adobe, get your ____ together  & make the software work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to task manager and cleared out the adobe processes and background processes - specifically Adobe Update Service and then launch the cloud again and it worked

Adobe error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following

open a command window  by going to

Start

and writing CMD press enter

the command window black with wite letters blinking shoud open

write the following

net user administrator /active:yes

close your user and you will find the Administrator user in the log in page

enter as administrator and install the creative cloud

exit the administrator user and in your normal user

open again the Command window

and write 

net user administrator /active:no

to de activate the admin account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

when i am trying to install adobe cc.iam getting an error message

"installation failed. please refer PDApp.log for more information.click here for help"

Please help me. iam using windows 10 OS

Regards,

Sobin Mathew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines