• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to populate all items of a webapp and put in an array?

Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a webapp called 'Blog post'. Is it possible to populate the names of all 'Blog post' items, and put them into an array? I want to build a function and check the similarity of the names. Cheers.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Alex, Can I ask what about the BC blog itself you are not happy with?

In terms of forming an array or any sort of function like that you need to use javascript to do so. Itterate through the items and store the values you need into a javascript array.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Thx for your answer. In the blog post, I need embed 2 things inside. Related posts of the post, and also a link to the author's porfolio. I don't find any options to achieve the above. From the tutorial https://experts.adobeconnect.com/_a204547676/p3a2uepc44e/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=norm..., I had a clue on achieving the result. However, because there is no sources that I can have a look to fully understand the tutorial, there are still some quiz on my head I can't figure out. So I came here. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Sorry I am new to BC. How do I itterate through the items? Using javascript? But how do I grab datas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alex,

I think you can try something like:

{% assign newscore = collectionname.items%}

And can run through all the data with the for loop:

{% for item in newscore%}

{{item.name}}

{% endfor %}

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Gaurav Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines