• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TOO_SHORT

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After dowloading the EPUB of the 13 ebooks that I purchased in the Google Play Store, the ACSM-files don't open in ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS (which is needed to transfer the ebooks to my e-reader Sony PRS-T2) because "Communicationproblem with license-server : E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TOO_SHORT :".

So far, no solution has been given in this forum !  Google Support Team pretend there is nothing wrong with the content of their books, so it would be an issue that has to be solved by Adobe.

Waiting for an answer by Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Attn. Adobe Support Team : de- and re-authorizing doesn't solve the problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attn. Adobe Support Team : de- and re-authorizing doesn't solve the problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem has been solved by deleting the Adept key in the Registry Editor and reauthorizing ADE.

Many thanks to Adobe Support Team ( Devendra Kumar and collegues), as well as to Google Support Team (Melanie and Tony).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete the Adept key in the Registry Editor on Windows XP SP3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete the Adept key in the Registry Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After exhaustively searching the net for a solution to this problem - after purchasing a book from Google Play - and trying all kinds of things with ADE on my pc (re-authorizing, re-installing, reg edit, etc.) I eventually tried something else altogether - I installed ADE for android on my crappy phone (I'm surprised it even had the space for this app), then I went to https://play.google.com/books with my android google chrome browser, which shows my books (even the mobile chrome app can't  really read the book online - it occasionally works momentarily and then has a loading error again shortly thereafter). Any way, if you click on the book options there, in the My Books list, and click, get the acsm file for the epub, you can open it, directly from chrome, as soon as the download is complete, which then opens ADE for Android - that successfully does the whole "fulfilling and downloading of the epub" thing.

Of course, I wanted this epub on my pc, in the first place, as my gf and I prefer reading on our eReaders, so I simply re-authorized my ADE for the umpteenth time, closed it, hooked my phone up to the pc, went to the Digital Editions folder, in my on-board memory, and copied the epub file as well as the acsm file (though I'm not sure weather the latter is really necessary) - I also went into the subfolders and copied the thumbnail, the manifest for the book (labeled as <bookname>.epub.xml) - I copied ALL of these to the relevent folders of my PC's "My Digital Editions" folders and sub-folders, as well as copying the "purchased.xml" file from my Tags folder (again this purchased file copy may possibly be unnecesary), then I restarted ADE and voilà, the book is now in my library.
I also did it with a second book, so I know it wasn't just a fluke. (The first time around ADE wasn't authorized yet and demanded to be authorized before it could open the book)

The problem is with the PC version of ADE - it isn't that Google Play's books are corrupt. Google and Adobe need to fix that problem, together.
I've tried reading the books online and that was a horrible experience - won't open at all on most browsers and on the only one where it WILL open (Chrome for android) it keep crashing with a "loading error."

I was on the verge of requesting a refund, too, except my gf really wanted this book and I couldn't find it anywhere else that was accessible from South Africa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines