• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Word file no graphics import - Help - emergency

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2008 Jun 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a Word file and all the topics came in fine, but none of the graphic (inserted and linked png files). This is the 5th file and the others had no problems. I tried refreshing all the graphics (with field codes on broke all the paths - update fields, then fixed all the fields [search and replace], updated fields to refresh graphics) but that did not help.

Any thoughts. I have a 8am Monday deliverable and this file has 300 graphics and 195 topics. Not sure what to do at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bill.
Don't know if this will help, but Peter Grainge has a topic at www.grainge.org

"Sometimes when you import a topic, RoboHelp reports that the topic, all images and other associated files have been imported but you cannot see the images in Project Manager. A check via Windows Explorer shows they are there but not according to Project Manager.
This is easily fixed. In Project Manager, create the folder using the name given in Windows Explorer. Not only will the folder be created, suddenly all the images will appear. "
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they are not there. Thanks anyway. I can import them just fine in RoboHelp for Word, so it is not the document. It is also not the size. I tried a small subset with no success. Manually replacing 307 graphic is mind numbing, especially when you have to find the right one for the topics...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2008 Jun 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you get in the topic where the graphics should be?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2008 Jun 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a little birdie told me you might be using PNGs. If that is the case, then humour me and put one jpg in the document and then see what happens. Import into a dummy project while we are playing around.

If that imports, I'll suggest the next step.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, but I don't have the time for an import test until next week. PNGs are crashing my project (only some? however). I have had to use RoboHelp HTML Command Prompt with output to a log file to catch the offending topics and isolate the PNGs. I can convert to JPG but since I reduce my files dimensions by 70% for online (which PNG does a decent job with) I hate JPGs because of the artifacts.

I saw that Paintshop Pro PNGs don't crash RH, but I cannot put it on my system (not approved).

What a pain... Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: It turns out the PNGs that were crashing the build had an "&" in the filename and RoboHelp was substituting a "%26"in the filename, which for some reason crashed the build. Removing the "&" from the filename and reinserting the graphics did the trick.

No time to research it now, but just posted this FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey, Bill.
Good catch. I'm sure you have your own favorite utilities, but there's a great little image renaming program http://www.irfanview.com/ which has handy batch renaming function.
Oh, and it's free
Thanx
John
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp