Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash won't update (or clean install)

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On my Macbook pro from 2011 with El Capitan I have been notified on e.g. YouTube that my flash player needs to be updated. I only have the Safari browser installed

When I try to install it, it comes with this error message:

Skærmbillede 2016-07-17 kl. 20.19.16.pngSkærmbillede 2016-07-17 kl. 20.19.49.png

I have also tried running a "Clean Install" and checked my Plug-ins, Library folder etc. for anything Flash-related before reinstalling. Even after uninstalling and deleting all files, rebooting etc. it won't let me reinstall Flash...

Hope someone can help in here.

Best, Rikke (Denmark)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem but with Firefox. It downloads and when I click the icon to install, it acts like it's going to do something, but no installation box pops up. This has been going on for weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mo, are you using:

+    Firefox 48.0b7

+    Vista

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 47.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mo_andrieu ,

Re-reading your posts your issue is not the same as this topic.  This topic the installer launches and then returns an error.  Based on your previous post, the installer doesn't launch at all.  Please start a new topic for your issue and provide the previously mentioned information (including OS version, not just Mac).  Conflating different issues in one topic is not fair the OP and it results in issues being extremely difficult to follow.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was the same, as it did initiate and once I double clicked for it to open I would have another screen open up (see picture). I would click open, it would act as if something was opening and then nothing.

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 4.08.22 PM.png

Now when I try to go to the download site, I get this warning.

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 4.06.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'header length is to large' is caused by too many .adobe.com cookies.  Clearing those will resolve the issue.

This is a known issue, however, I don't know when it will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I commented on the other post you left, but because I'm having a similar situation with Firefox, I'm hoping to find an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You may try the offline installer. Follow these steps

1)Download the uninstaller from: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg

2) Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI plugin.

3) Ensure all the browsers are closed. Run the uninstaller and then the offline installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amrita - this is great but do you have any advice for us on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stever53186 

I believe the OP of this thread was for MAC OSX not windows, you might want to consider starting a new thread or search for your answer as i am sure there is something out there if you search.

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ageed w/Carm01.

Please do not mix Mac and Windows issues in one thread as they most likely are not related and conflating different issues into one topic leads to confusion.

@stever53186

Since you're issue is on Windows, please start a new topic and provide the following information:

@mo_andrieu

If you're issue is not on Mac, please start a new topic and provide the following information:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rikkek6

I apologize for others hijacking your topic for non-Mac issues.  For your issue, I'll need to review the online installer log files.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  and provide all 4 files listed: install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the suggestions, but kept coming up empty. Finally had it when I couldn't watch a video and decided to open Safari - which I'm not a fan of (can't remember why, maybe an online game I like won't function there). Anyway, I watched the video and then decided to see if I could download Flash Player from there. I have no idea why, but when the install popped up and I started it up, it worked. Wish I had a good reason to share with anyone else, but maybe the solution was just using a different browser. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mo_andrieu

Firefox and Safari don't share cookies.  If you kept getting the 413 header length to large error on Firefox it means the  *adobe.com cookies weren't cleared.  Firefox and Safari do share the same plugin type (NPAPI).  It should work on both browsers.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines