• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug_in Similar to the APP PRISMA- Get a picture to look like a painting

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there is an app called PRISMA which is booming.

You take a picture and the app filter it by ading a Painting style very stylish (not the ugly stuff we used to have) something made of a lot of Prisms.

here how it looks

http://godofsmallthing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/13260993_1049515341764299_882661095_n.jpg

here is the app store showing some pic as well

Prisma - Art Photo Editor with Free Picture Effects & Cool Image Filters for Instagram Pics and Self...

Do you know a plug-in  in After effects that can do that in After effects?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be no plug-in because the app uses server-side processing based on complex neuronal networks that analyse the images and then "re-paint" them using the algorithms to match a specific artistic style. That's a completely different thing than just slapping on an "artistic" filter that mimics painting with Find edges, Fractal Noise patterns and otehr things. That said, of course you can create something that mimics any artistic style you like, you just have to do the hard work yourself liek separating differently colored areas, turning them into abstract shapes and manipulating their colors.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prisma updated their app to work on the actual iOS devices, so no server is required. I wish they would make a PS plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is always the cartoon effect in after effects...

How about this:

1. take a short video (only a few seconds)

2. save it as a jpg sequence with low frame rate (maybe something about 12fps or 15fps) and upload the frames into your smartphone

3. apply the filter one by one

4. bring it back and import as a sequence and render it out

5. POST THE RESULT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The result will be very jittery because there is no way for the app to know about the previous or next frame. It might work though, depending on what the OP wants.

Red Giant has some cartoonize filters that can be tweaked to get some fairly nice results as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jittery ya - but still looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHO9exLNQqQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i kind of found a way to do this. There is an app. Artisto available now, but it processes videos about 10. secs long, in square ratio, so i just processed segments and stiched them together. You can select different areas of video and process individualy, but i was too lazy. I upscaled a lot, but it worked ok for the purpose of cover video.

Matija - The Kids Aren't Alright - Piano Groove Cover - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could get a very similar look inside After Effects but it would take an off a lot of work because there is no plug-in or you can just click a single button. Without doing any experimenting I'm guessing maybe 10 layers and significant usage of track mattes and blend modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of online processing can really make revolution, with all that server/neural power, and unability to hack, or crack that kind of service i could see future in something like online version of AE. Upload material, see preview files, download, monthly membership. In five years, quite plausible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei Tzoref​ -the problem with Prisma is that their neural network works in a set resolution and it's a square! So its only good for certain situations... here is a short clip I did for testing purposes The elephant, the monkey and the wise old owl - YouTube and yeah that involves a lot of time wasting transferring to a phone and back to computer again. 4 secs = 100 images @ 25fps

Another app which uses your pc to do the processing is Style by Macdaddy https://macdaddy.io/Style/ - this app also processes video. As it doesn't have batch processing video processing will have to suffice. It too can only process (shrinks) smaller images but isn't confined to a square shape.

----------------------------------

UPDATE:

After speaking to the developer of Style he has this to say in reply to: suffice. It too can only process (shrinks) smaller images but isn't confined to a square shape.

that’s inaccurate, just increase the Megapixels in preferences to avoid that.

you can convert high def videos using style, it just takes a couple of days. if you look here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUIO4pKp0OZa2_vCXrC0sYQ i’ve done a few myself. 4k isnt currently supported, but i could add that in later.

----------------------------------

You can try building your own NN for image processing but forget about attempting this on a Mac as this requires a lot of resources which are likely to not be compatible with any version of MAC-OS. Having a powerful GPU with CUDA is a must to reach your HD formats. Prisma photo? No thanks, I’d use the open source deep learning from Torch on GitHub - Astro Read

I suggest that the programming laymen like me give an established company like Macdaddy a little nudge. Maybe request features like training our own neural networks - I would love to see a Toulouse Lautrec bathroom style painting of my wife hanging in our room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work, interesting stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Painnt - it supports original sized documents and is fast. It does have a subscription but is good value for the price. Hundreds of filters.

The only flaw is that batch processing is seriously broken on Windows and it should not be included with the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also great desktop software from Deep Art Effects that has specialized in AI image editing. You can render images and videos offline in original size and also use your own styles combining with a picture or video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines