Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial Version of Captivate 9 won't download

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to download the Free Trial Version of Captivate 9 (32 bit windows 7). I'm able to download the files and get a popup box with an orange "Install Now" button but nothing happens when I click it.

I found this thread Adobe Captivate free trial won't install and my IT department followed the directions and we still can't get it to work. The download is only for the 64 bit edition. Can you please let me know if there's another link available to download the setup or what else we can do to try Captivate?

Thank you

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something may have changed - I am not a Captivate user but looking at the trial download site of ProDesignTools (they normally have the right info) I see...

Adobe Captivate is now available only as a native 64-bit application to achieve higher perfor­mance.

reference:

Adobe Captivate 9 Direct Download Links: Free Trials with no Akamai | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the 32-bit version of Captivate 9 from here.

Download Adobe Captivate free trial | Adobe Captivate 9

At the end of the form, select 32-bit version from the drop-down list.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Now THAT's interesting.  When Captivate 9 was first released we were told there would be no 32bit version.  Looks like Adobe must have changed their mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32-bit version was released a couple of weeks ago, was on Twitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hadn't seen the tweet so thanks for the update. It's unusual that Adobe would issue a 32-bit version so long (~9 months) after the initial release – but glad they did.

The Captivate 9 page on ProDesignTools has been updated to give the direct download links for both Windows versions now available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sreekanth, that was the link I originally used. I was able to download them but nothing would happen when I'd click "Install."

I ended up chatting with an Adobe representative and they were able to send me the installation files that I needed. I'm not sure if it was something to do with the link or my computer, but I now have it installed and working on my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources