• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot dl epub book from computer to device.

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded/installed ADE today and what a pain I'm having.  Have read everything I can on how to dl the book from computer to device and no joy!  Device is both Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-T2.  Appears the T1 is recognized according to the list, but not the T2.  Only thing I can think of is I'm running Win10 as the OS.  Could this be the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been almost a month now that ADE is not working and every version !  I was on version 4.5 then it stopped working, de-installed it installed version 3.0, still not working even tried version 2.0 but Nothing works anymore !  We are a lot of frustrated users now and Adobe is not helping us !  I have tried everything people on here suggested but still Nothing   even reinitialized my Kobo !  Someone suggested using the program CALIBRE but we still need ADE to transfer .acsm into epub !!! I am on Window 10 also and it was working fine with ADE 4.5 until about a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, but seems you’re having problems w/ADE as well. However, I found a work around to get the epub books to my device. The directory that ADE has: C:\users\your name\documents\my digital editions is the folder where all your books are stored. I am also a CALIBRE user, have been for years, and just today discovered how to move the books to my reader. Simply copy the epub from this directory to the directory where your OTHER books are stored. Open CALIBRE and copy the epub you want via usb cable from computer to reader. You’re done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick, the problem is that i borrow books from the BANQ and they come with .acsm extention and we need ADE to translate it into .epub.  CALIBRE cant do it   I have some epub books on my pc and can transfer them on my Kobo but i can not borrow any other books from library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, no problem w/the acsm extension. If you click on it after downloading, it will automatically convert to epub in the your documents folder under My Digital Editions. This is where you will find the books that HAD the acsm extension, but now they are all epub’s! I presently have 3 books checked out from the Foley Municipal Library and after downloading all of them, they had the acsm extension. After clicking on each one went to the above directory and there they were w/the epub extension! I simply COPIED all of them to my Ebook directory, opened Calibre, clicked on Add Books, then one by one pulled them up and inserted them there. Then hooked up my reader via USB to computer and transferred all 3 to my reader. Know this sounds very technical, but believe me I’m 79 years old, so if this old guy can do it, know you can too! Please let me know when you have JOY! J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

diane1234567  (à Chantal GAgnon) il y a 4 heures

Hi everybody,

I found the solution in another Adobe chat. It worked perfectly for me. Rename the My Digital Edition  Folder under My Documents in My Digital Edition.old

Good luck!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chantal GAgnon  (à diane1234567) il y a 1 minute

OMG DIANE ! it worked !!!!  BIG HUGS !  For ADE to read acsm i had to go to File - Add to biblio - and then before adding the name of the acsm file, change the extension (right side of the square for the name to : Message Adobe...acsm....  and it did translated it into epub and i was able to transfer it on my Kobo.  ADE crashed after but i had my books on my Kobo reader :-))  jumping up and down LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

diane1234567  (à Chantal GAgnon) il y a 4 heures

Hi everybody,

I found the solution in another Adobe chat. It worked perfectly for me. Rename the My Digital Edition  Folder under My Documents in My Digital Edition.old

Good luck!!!

Chantal GAgnon  (à diane1234567) il y a 1 minute

OMG DIANE ! it worked !!!!  BIG HUGS !  For ADE to read acsm i had to go to File - Add to biblio - and then before adding the name of the acsm file, change the extension (right side of the square for the name to : Message Adobe...acsm....  and it did translated it into epub and i was able to transfer it on my Kobo.  ADE crashed after but i had my books on my Kobo reader :-))  jumping up and down LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too cannot download e-books from my computer to my Kobo.  It tells me that the "Content You are trying to view is locked"  and it advises me to us my Adobe ID to authorize my e-reader.  I have given the authorization but to not avail.  Still will not download.  Jacqui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines