Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

system crashes using Robohelp x5

Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 4 times a day, I get an error that reads something like :Instruction at "0x73ddllc7" referenced memory at 0x00000004. Memory could not be read. My entire system freezes and I lose my work if it hasn't been saved every minute. I have to disconnect the power cord and battery to shut down. This error is preceded by

Error sign robohtml.exe ModName: baseapp-release-v.dll ModVer: 1.6.196.1 Offset 00035820

Does anyone know what this is and what I can do about it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this just happening on one project? Is the project located on a network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I only have two projects but I notice it in one--the larger one. In one case I was able to click the debug button and it seems to reference an image file. If it happens again and I can get more info, I'll post it. In the meantime, I am afraid that there is some kind of limitation with images/image size, number of files, etc. in a project. I have also never upgraded since getting x5. Any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH for Word or RH HTML?

PNG images?

And you only answered one of Colum's questions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicated post.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impressive. One click, three posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the project is on a local drive. I use RH HTML and import images as bitmaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if you were using PNGs as they can cause crashing problems.

Another cause of an error that looks like the one you report is importing output files into a project. These are instantly recognisable by red squares appearing in your topics.

Finally I believe video card problems can cause this but I would have thought that would happen with all projects.

Anything there looking likely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, a few weeks ago I did have that problem with the red squares. I had no idea what that was all about. Somehow I got rid of them, but I don't remember how. As for the video card, I'm not sure. And I'm using x5.0.1. Is there some other image format I should be using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the RH X5 service releases? In other words, are you running RH X5.0.2?

Bitmaps can be a problem, too.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is those topics that had the red squares, or others that still have them, are the cause. You cannot import files from a RH import without cleaning them up.

Based on your reply, I would be inclined to rule out the video card.

Are you using PNGs? If you are, there have been some fairly recent posts on that. Search on PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try selecting Help / Check for Updates.

This is important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp