• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem With Adobe digital authorisation & accessing ebooks - help needed

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I purchased 2 x ebooks about 4 days ago.  I downloaded them onto my computer & it prompted me that I would have to view them in Adobe digital editions, which I accepted.

When they were downloaded I did not have an Adobe account and didn't realise I needed one until I tried to open them on another laptop and couldn't.  I looked at 'help' and it said about setting up an adobe account and authorising the computer.  So I did that - but on the laptop that I hadn't downloaded the ebooks onto.  Result: I still couldn't access my books.  So I asked for support on chat and de-authorised my adobe account on the laptop.

I then tried to authorise my computer with the ebooks on, did so but it wouldn't let me open my ebooks as the following message appeared (I have blanked out my details):

image of adobe error message.jpg

So I went on chat help again  they advised that I de-authorise my account on my computer and re-authorise with my adobe account details.  I did so and then tried to re-download my ebooks.  this is what happened:

image of adobe error message 3.jpg

So I have now de-authorised my adobe account on the computer with the ebooks on.  AND I CAN'T OPEN MY EBOOKS AT ALL NOW.  Chat assistant said I had to post my issue on here to get help.  So please can someone advise what to do next?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get the error that fulfilled by another User when the eBook are linked with a other Adobe ID.

Often its happens when you open/download a eBook before you authorize Digital Edition. Then

authorize and can the eBook no longer read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the lack of support from Adobe speaks volumes about their customer service.  However, I contacted the seller of the ebooks who kindly re-issued new links to the books so that I could download them synced my Adobe Account.

I authorised my computer through Adobe DC before downloading the books then downloaded the ebooks and I've been able to access them ok.  I then also authorised my laptop using the same Adobe DC account and downloaded the books onto that and have been able to access them.

Hope this helps any of you with same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is in this case that adobe has no access to the eBooks. So only the Seller of the eBooks can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines