• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Mac says Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try after some time.

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that this error was resolved for a Windows PC but I am having the same issue with my Mac.

I am trying to Erase Authorization because I am getting an errror message:

"Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY" when I try to access books from Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.1. I am using a new Macbook running OS El Capitan 10.11.5. I didn't have problems using Adobe Digital Editions with my previous Macbook.

I can open the Erase Authorization window and enter my Adobe ID and password but when I press the Erase Authorization key, it says "Unable to erase authorization. Please try after some time." I have tried over several hours without success.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, but I don't have a Digital Editions folder under /Library/Application Support/Adobe/

I tried doing a search for activation.dat but found nothing. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sure are in the user library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure. The Library folder seems to be at the root level, not under User. I can't see a User folder, but there is a Users folder. I tried to use the Go To Folder command to get to User but it, apparently, doesn't exist. I'm using Sierra 10.12.3. Application Support folder only seems to exist under the root Library folder.

I am able to get to Application Support/Adobe, but there is no Digital Editions folder beneath that. Plenty of folders for my other Adobe applications, but not Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go in Finder to Go to > Go to Folder and Enter ~/Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for that Nanaky. That got me to the file I was looking for and has allowed me to re-authorise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on this same problem for hours. I can't find anything under "library" in finder for ADE. I have a new MacBook Air (2019). I have deauthorized previous computers. I have been unsuccessful in my attemts to deauthorize this new computer (Please try after some time.) I am not very tech savvy. Any help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who also tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked, ended up SUPER irritated and studying for an exam without my textbook, I really hope this will work for you as well. At the same time as I had this issue, my Google Chrome was also not remembering my passwords. I don't know how the two issues can be related, but somehow I'm now able to open my textbook on Digital Editions after I fixed my Chrome problem. Here is what I did:

1. Navigate to the ~/<username>/Library folder.
    Note: <UserName> is just a placeholder for your own user name.
  2. Delete the main Google folder from ~/Library/Application Support.
  3. Delete all associated folders from ~/Library/Caches.

chromefix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm on a Mac 10.14.5. I tried the suggestions above and am still not having any luck getting past the error, "Unable to Erase Authorization." Please try after some time." Any other suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines