• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2015.3 missing LUTs?

Contributor ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 2015.2, there was a long list of LUTs under Basic Correction, including LUTs for the Black Magic Cinema Camera. But in 2015.3, they appear to be missing. What happened to them and how do I get them back?

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 8.18.06 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Hi KB8WFH,

I found them in

Applications > Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 > Contents > Lumetri > LUTs > Legacy.

Nut sure why they did not load up. However, if I copy the old .itx version from the 2015.2 version LUT folder into the 2015.3's "Technical" folder, and reload Premiere, they appear. At least a work around for the moment.

It is not recommended you copy older LUTs from previous versions of Premiere Pro into newer ones. They are removed for a reason. That is, that there are new encoders/decoders

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found them in

Nut sure why they did not load up. However, if I copy the old .itx version from the 2015.2 version LUT folder into the 2015.3's "Technical" folder, and reload Premiere, they appear. At least a work around for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I cannot found the path you mentioned above (

Applications > Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 > Contents > Lumetri > LUTs > Legacy.)

There isn't such a path in my Mac. The Applications>Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 folder doesn't contain a "Contents" folder. Moreover, Under "Applications" folder the closest thing to "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015" is "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3". Can you verify this? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015" should be "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to right click and hit show package contents.Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.13.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JeffreyN,

Please do not add or remove anything from Package Contents. It is not advised or recommended for customers to do so. Please contact support for any issues like this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KB8WFH,

I found them in

It is not recommended you copy older LUTs from previous versions of Premiere Pro into newer ones. They are removed for a reason. That is, that there are new encoders/decoders installed. Using these LUTs from previous versions can result in an unstable system, meaning crashes.

We apologize for this inconvenience, but for all new projects, use new versions of these LUTs. For all updated projects, remove the older LUTs and apply new copies of the same LUT.

If the input LUT is not available for your specific camera, go to the manufacturer's website for an updated one. If that is not available, please let us know in a bug report.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

I find this advice confusing? I thought 3D LUTs were supposed to be universal across programs like Resolve, PP, Baselight etc..

Why would that change with a new version of Premiere Pro? No doubt there is a reason - are these LUTs in a proprietary Adobe format and not standard 3D LUTs?

thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have some particular parts of the code set to look into specific places, and some of it seems to look for a "relative" relationship (using spreadsheet terms) ... essentially, you select one from that list and it looks for one the third one down the list ... not an "Absolute" relationship, using the name of the LUT/Look.

So that could be the issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wish it were simpler ... at NAB they did mention that "other things" are being looked at as to how to improve Lumetri for performance & capability. No clue of course what "other things" will be or when we'll see them. But happy to help other users deal with what we've got.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have fixed it, go to Applications>Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3> Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 (right click)> Show Package Contents> Contents> Lumetri > LUTs, then open Legacy > copy the files > go back and open Technical > Paste

Close the program and open it and you will find them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, be aware that you also have to copy the LUTs to the similar folder for Media Encoder. If you don't the media encoder won't be able to process them and your output video will look awful and hot have your LUT effects included in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KB8WFH,

Also, be aware that you also have to copy the LUTs to the similar folder for Media Encoder. If you don't the media encoder won't be able to process them and your output video will look awful and hot have your LUT effects included in them.

Not recommended you do this. You can introduce instability to Media Encoder by doing so. Seek out installations of Camera LUTs from the manufacturer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin ...

In the past, I've used RedGiant's freebie, LUT Buddy, to create a new LUT from one of the previous version LUTs I wanted to keep using.

Say I wanted a LUT from 2015.3 ... I'd use the 2015.3 version, put a "clean" (unmodified) clip on a new sequence, use Lumetri to drop  that LUT on the clip. Then drag/drop two instances of LUT Buddy onto the clip, using the Effects Control Panel to drag one above Lumetri and set it to "draw pattern", the other one below Lumetri set to "read pattern".

I'd then use the controls for the lower one to "export LUT", name & save it. Then use that within the newer PrPro version. It seems to get the complete look of the previous LUT, but I expect should not be problematic for the current version.

But am I correct in that?

And could someone using a LUT in 2015.3, simply export that LUT as a .cube via the three-bar menu at the top of the Lumetri tab, and then place that LUT into a new version of PrPro without issue?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed it, go to Applications>Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3> Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 (right click)> Show Package Contents> Contents> Lumetri > LUTs, then open Legacy > copy the files > go back and open Technical > Paste

Close the program and open it and you will find them all.

Unfortunately, it is not recommended that you install old LUTs into a new Premiere Pro app package. Though it appears to fix your issue in the short term, you may be introducing instability to your application by doing what you just did. Please contact your camera's manufacturer for updated camera LUTs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines