• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamiclink error during warp stabilizing?!

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Practically every time i try to run Warp Stabilizer in CS5.5 on a clip in a comp, it takes ages initializing before it gives me this error:

"timed out obtaining dynamiclink server connection"

Its been successful once or twice, but 90% of the time it fails.

My specs:

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 (Quad core)

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

2TB HD

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB

What could be the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

The problem is likely the same sort of TCP blockage that is described here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, plus some others. Running AE 5.5 on MacPro 10.6.3

Here is the error:

screenshot.png

I think I am having general issues with the Dynamic LInk Library.

-Theo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I have at least a temporary fix. I am guessing that there is some kind of issue with the Dynamic Link Library, or some problematic driver etc. that allows you to go between AE and Premiere. So, I quit from AE, quit Premiere, launched AE and ran the Warp Stabilize function again with no problem. My thought is that closing both applications (AE, PR)  resets the Dynamic Link Library.

-Theo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tlipfert,

thanks for this post, I'm using the same fix... but it should work by itself non the less, so hopefully Adobe Staff will find a fix soon.

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is likely the same sort of TCP blockage that is described here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years later, having the same issue. Latest version of CC, and dynamic link is practically broken.

Would be great to have a permanent fix, or a more workable solution.

Thanks,

AC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, running After Effects, trying to use the 3d-camera tracker but it hangs at "initializing". Then I get the Dynamic Link error even without using Premiere at the same time. That's ridicules that this bug isn't fixed after YEARS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem myself with After Effects.  Disabling my firewall fixed the problem.  So it's not a problem with AE et al so much as a security/OS issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started having this issue when I upgraded to new CC2017. still no work around? My firewall was already disabled on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davepd2  wrote

Just started having this issue when I upgraded to new CC2017. still no work around? My firewall was already disabled on my mac.

Can you describe your issue in more detail? You import a file, create a new composition from that file, run warp stabilizer and then the error message pops up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah. exactly that. when I run warp stabalizer or track camera function, the plugin gets stuck on the initializing, then it pops up the dynamic link timed out error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Adobe Media Encoder and transcoding your footage to something like Cineform, DNxHD, etc. and then run the Warp Stabilizer or track camera on that footage.

But first, look into firewall settings. If AE isn't allowed on all networks, your firewall can block this feature. I don't know why AE uses networking protocols to run Warp Stabilizer and the Camera Tracker, but it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work... I am running latest Adobe After Effects CC 2018 and it just stopped working after about 4 hours of working fine with other clips.

Transcoded to raw AVI and tried again, still no luck. Warp Stabilizer refuses to work any longer in AE.  Firewall is completely disabled and I'm unplugged from the network.

Really with Adobe would get their sh*t together after all these years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my MacBook Pro running Mojave and CC 19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and same here on 2022 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines