Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5.1 does not respond

Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using ADE 4.5.1 on an Aspire 5742 computer running an up-to-date version of Windows 10.  When I download a file with the .acsm extension from the library into my computer, everything works OK.  When I try to transfer the file into ADE, it either will not transfer or it gives the message "ADE not responding".  I have removed and reinstalled several times, same result.  I downloaded ADE ver. 3.0, but when I try to transfer into ADE 3, I get the message "Check Activation".  Is there any way to make either version of ADE work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

OK, Nanaky, that worked!  I removed ADE 4.5.1, removed the registry keys as you instructed earlier, and installed ADE 3.0.1 and authorized my computer again.  After that, I was able to copy library books from my computer into ADE and from ADE to both my Nook ebook and another Kobo ebook.  Hopefully that problem does not come back!  Something must be wrong with ADE 4.5.1.  Maybe this problem will be communicated to Adobe and they can resolve it.  Thanks very much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Nanaky, the above instructions do not solve the problem.  After following your instructions, I tried to fulfill a book into ADE 4.5.1.  It appeared to be working, in that the fulfilling box appeared and filled with a green bar, but when the bar was full of green, ADE froze and the only way I could close it was through Task Manager, even after waiting for 5 minutes just to see if things were working, but slow.  This is the same outcome as I have had when I reauthorized my computer in the past, with different borrowed books.  Note that all the books I have tried to load into ADE are library books, some from the Ontario Library Service and some from the Tampa Bay Library Service, both using Overdrive.

This process used to work just fine, until late June or early July.  That is the point at which I could no longer load any books into ADE.  I wonder if Adobe or Overdrive issued a software update during that period?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if work with a older version of Digial edition?

http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Nanaky, that worked!  I removed ADE 4.5.1, removed the registry keys as you instructed earlier, and installed ADE 3.0.1 and authorized my computer again.  After that, I was able to copy library books from my computer into ADE and from ADE to both my Nook ebook and another Kobo ebook.  Hopefully that problem does not come back!  Something must be wrong with ADE 4.5.1.  Maybe this problem will be communicated to Adobe and they can resolve it.  Thanks very much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, same relative June/July time frame, posted about it here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8901547#access_token=eyJ4NXUiOiJpbXNfbmExLWtleS0xLmNlciIsImFsZyI6Il...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines