• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5 bugs when ebook is downloaded?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from 3.0 this morning to 4.5, Big mistake. I uninstalled 3.0, authorized 4.5, downloaded an ebook from my local library, and....."this document can't be opened...protected by DRM, and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.:

So I uninstalled everything, removed everything, restarted my laptop and repeated. Same message. Only now, three copies of the ebook appear on ADE 4.5, before I even downloaded the ebook.

Contacted the chat folk at Adobe. They tell me after half an hour that they don't work with ADE.

I am very frustrated. This btw is a repeat of my experience a few years ago when I upgraded from 2 to 3.5.

Can any expert help? Should I go back to 3.5? Are there known bugs with 4.5?

Meanwhile, at least I can read on my iPad, but I miss my ereader.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is as I thought .... uninstall 4.5 and go back to 3.0. Newer versions of ADE are always problematic. But wait! Read on.

Except now, on 3.0 while it says I'm already authorized on this computer, when I try to download ebook I get a new error message: Error! Check Activation.

So now I have a new problem. The Authorize Computer option is shaded, and there is no option to de-authorize computer.

Any solutions?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nankay, thank you. Except I'm running Windows10. I've run regedit and gotten to this point:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

File > Export

but then there is no Export Registry File dialog box. Export opens in Documents:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and how surch a location for save and give the key a name. For example test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nanakay, thank you very much. I've now got it and and have downloaded my ebook to my Kobo and I can open it there.

You've been very patient and helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines