Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Tab/Function does not work in IE

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: This is with RoboHelp 7.0.2.

The search tab/function is not working in IE but will work in Firefox. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have traced it back to being a problem with the .XML files. It chokes in the checkState function in IE but passes in Firefox. I have noticed that I have some key names that users will more than likely never search for in one of my whfdata.xml files:

whfwdata8.xml:
<key name="|"> 61,63, </key>
<key name="â"> 59,117, </key>
<key name="—"> 71,42,80, </key>

and the last in whfts.xml:
<chunkinfo url="whfwdata8.xml" first="troubleshoot" last="—"/>

If I remove the keynames in whfwdata8.xml and change the last value in whfts.xml then the search tab/function begins to work again in IE. This is a pain to have to do every time, is there anything I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008
It appears that if you add the em-dash ("—") to the "Stop List" (File > Project Settings > Advanced > Stop List tab), the search function returns to its normal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has to do with "—".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It appears that if you add the em-dash ("—") to the "Stop List" (File > Project Settings > Advanced > Stop List tab), the search function returns to its normal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp