• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick! I need a few sterling online examples of RoboHelp 7 (pref. w/Captivate vids) to convice Co. to buy Suite

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone give me URLs to great examples of Help made with RoboHelp preferably incorporating Captivate videos as well as summative PDFs generated in RoboHelp and the usual text with screen shots?

Need it right away to convince higher ups to buy the Adobe Tech Doc Suite.

regards,

forTheTimeBeing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too late. unable to see examples, they have opted for competing software.

too bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, those higher ups always need to see the pictures.

Sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MergeThis, do you mean to say you have URLs that showcase the Robo? Please post anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you believe, there is nothing on Adobe.com and their sales dept. can't even comprehend what a showcase is or why it might be useful.

I'm thinking of shorting ADBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are willing to make a decision without waiting a few hours for a forum response. They deserve what they get. :-)

Too late now but the RH7 article on my site has links to the Adobe Reviewer's Guide which I think would have given them what they wanted.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, please don't keep the world in suspense.

what is the URL to your RoboHelp showcase(s) ?

never too late to say i told you so. besides, the dough ain't spent yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a clue in my reply.

I named the article and it is on the menu.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh7/rh7.htm

There's a whole load of information in that article plus links including the guide I mentioned.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice info resource, but can find no RoboHelp showcase link there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last heading is Links. Look at the second line under that.

RoboHelp Reviewer's Guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a PDF, not a RoboHelp demo-showcase.

geez louise, this forum is a hard place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven

This may not be what you are looking for, but I've got a site up where I'm offering eBooks. The free sample was created using RoboHelp and outputting to a skinned WebHelp format. There are some Captivate movies embedded in the sample as well.

You may see it and download it from the link below:
Click here to visit the site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2008 Jun 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that's why I didn't come in straight away with that link and held off until there were no other replies and you indicated you couldn't wait.

The guide does suggest you download the trial and the trial comes with two built in projects with different layouts ready for you to generate. The Clownfish sample has a Captivate based quiz in it.

There is also a link in my article to "Adobe's RoboHelp 7 Resources". Now before you react that the Captivate demos there are not built into RH, I know. I am just trying to point to some more Captivate outputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 20, 2008 Jun 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Stevenjs
I've published the two Sample projects that come with Adobe RoboHelp 7 on my website.

Clownfish School WebHelp Example
(With lots of Adobe Captivate videos)

Customer Care WebHelp Example

Over the years we instructors have seen hundreds of different examples. Unfortunately, many of the best examples are behind firewalls within companies.

I do hope your company could evaluate based upon a trial version comparison of a working product and not strictly from looking at the output. While the output is extremely important and Adobe RoboHelp excels at that, many of the best aspects of RoboHelp are its efficiencies and user-friendliness for the author which are legendary and have made it the market leader for so many years. Not to mention the accelerated effort Adobe is putting into integrating Captivate, RoboHelp, FrameMaker and Acrobat into the Adobe Technical Communications Suite.

Thanx,
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp