• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 22 won't install on El Capitan OS

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac, OS 10.11.6 and use Safari browser.  Installer will download app but crashes when it begins to install @ 55%.  Have run Disk Utility, everything ok. Have turned off Firewall.  Have tried with Safari off and on, same results.  Have uninstalled old version of Flash Player.

HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue although the installer will run, but when it gets to the end it tells me unable to install. Updates work for Firefox, just not Safari. I have also turned off firewall, uninstalled the old version of flash, still not able to install.

MacBook Pro11,5

OS X El Capitan v 10.11.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you provide us with few log files that would help us debug. Please go through the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide the Adobe_GDE.log, Adobe_ADM.log and FlashInstall.log files. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post a link here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer begins to download the install. Then at 50% of download a message pops up that says installing and at 55% it crashes so there is nothing in the install log because it crashes before it gets installed. There is nothing showing up in the log after my markers to send you. I will send you the Adobe.GDE and ADM logs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the link to the three logs I put in the cloud: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/47a28617-542b-4454-81f5-2bcbf7115153I hope they will help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link provided does not work. Could you please check and post the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue here. Maybe these Log file can help resolving the issue:

Dateien freigegeben - Acrobat.com

Best Regards

Thomas Alt

Switzerland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the files. For now you can use the offline installer available on the page https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html under still having problems section.

Thanks

Ridhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The recommendation from Adobe staffer Ridhi to perform an offline installation did the trick.  Running 10.11.6 El Capitan.  All attempts following other instructions ended with a failed installation.  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines