• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to unauthorize/reauthorize computer to ade. error message given repeatedly while ade help says already authorized

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE will not allow me to download books or read books already downloaded.

ADE repeatedly shows error message code: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL even though ADE help says my computer is already authorized.  I can access my adobe account with email and password, but I am unable to erase authorization and reauthorize my computer.  How do I fix this error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skayengstrom,

You might need to manually deactivate ADE. Please follow these instructions:

You need to delete out a few registry keys to clear the activation for ADE. You must have administration authority.

On Windows it can be found here:
Open Windows Registry by using the command prompt and typing 'regedit' or by opening the start menu and searching for 'regedit'.

Search for the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation

The 'Activation' folder can be entirely deleted.

On Mac it can be found here:
In Finder, find the 'Go' option on the menu bar and click 'Go to folder' and type the following in:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/

Delete the activation.dat file within the 'Digital Editions' folder.

Restart ADE and it should be deactivated at this point. You should be good to sign back in.

Please check and see if E_ADEPT_INTERNAL is resolved now as well. It's likely that this error might still persist, however it indicates an issue with the ACS server and not ADE. You would need to contact the vendor that you're trying to buy the book from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...absolutely perfect result.  I'm very grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar problem but now my mac won't let me re-authorize ADE.  I copied my original user ID (the very long one) but it did not take it.  So I thought maybe I needed a new one.  Clicked on the "Create Adobe ID" and it took me to a "Success page" without ever giving me the ID.  No emails were sent with the ID either.  When I go to Adobe.com, i see that my email is my ID but that did not work either.  Tried installing, and Uninstalling, etc and tried Adobe support (what  joke there), no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines