• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS 5.5 save error code 0

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to save a document in ID 5.5 I get the error message saying: "Cannot save "xxx" under a new name. The file "DBTmp7302-2094074591" is damaged (Error code: 0)". Started a new document and tried to save, same thing.

Resetting preferences doesn't help, neither reinstall. What can I do?

I'm running OSX 10.8.2

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

LIFE SAVER!! I tried the above trying to unlock the folder and saving to a different folder - didn't work. The export to IDML open and resave worked like a champ and saved me 2 hours of rework. THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and need to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the InDesign Recovery data has gone bad. Navigate to the below folder.

Delete the InDesign Recovery folder and then check

Windows XP:    C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version 7.5\<Language>\Caches\

Windows 7:       C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version 7.5\<Language>\Caches\ 

Macintosh:         Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version 7.5/<Language>/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me. Also Photoshop is doing the same thing! It is very, very frustrating to say the least.

I've tried the Mark II file fix, reinstalling, checked fonts, did something someone told me to try from the apple forum using Terminal. Can't find Java preferences to try that remedy.

Hair is getting very gray.

Running 10.8.4 on a new iMac

Adobe CS 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, ... error code:0. Tried the solution above which doesn't work. Found this on nother forum (objectmix.com › Application Support › Adobe Tools › Adobe Indesign‎) and seems to be the cause of the issue:

"I got something like - cannot save file error code 1 damaged -

anyway - I Googled it for a while and didn't get anywhere - then I did some experimenting. Basically, I think your problem is that you are either:

1. using symbols like "/" in the filename

2. or doing what I was doing which was trying to save the file in an (accidentally) locked folder. To fix this - right click on the folder and get info - open up sharing and permissions and make sure that your username has full read write access. I also clicked on the settings cog button and applied this setting to everything in the contents of the folder. The folder had somehow corrupted during a network transfer and this is what was making inDesign not play ball.

IE these situations are actually nothing to do with inDesign. But the app doesn't exactly help you out with a better explanation - you have to hunt for it!

Hope this helps other lost souls."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peteharvey89 wrote:

I had the same issue, ... error code:0. Tried the solution above which doesn't work. Found this on nother forum (objectmix.com › Application Support › Adobe Tools › Adobe Indesign‎) and seems to be the cause of the issue:

"I got something like - cannot save file error code 1 damaged -

anyway - I Googled it for a while and didn't get anywhere - then I did some experimenting. Basically, I think your problem is that you are either:

1. using symbols like "/" in the filename

2. or doing what I was doing which was trying to save the file in an (accidentally) locked folder. To fix this - right click on the folder and get info - open up sharing and permissions and make sure that your username has full read write access. I also clicked on the settings cog button and applied this setting to everything in the contents of the folder. The folder had somehow corrupted during a network transfer and this is what was making inDesign not play ball.

IE these situations are actually nothing to do with inDesign. But the app doesn't exactly help you out with a better explanation - you have to hunt for it!

Hope this helps other lost souls."

No:2  was in the end exactly what was my problem. I had a network folder that for some unknow reason had gotten locked. Nothing to do with ID itself but got me some gray hairs trying to fix it in the middle of rush getting material ready to print. This is definitely good think to check if you get this error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this simple but effective solution! It has helped me save loads of time!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me!  I just created a new folder, saved it in that folder, and boom!  It saved!  No error code.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and luckily only lost around 2 hours of work. What had happened was that a Mac cleaner (Clean my Mac) had deleted my cache folders while I was still in recovery mode after indesign had crashed.

No fix for it as it also emptied my trash. Im guessing if the cache was still in the trash and you put it back the file would work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it like this: exported as IDML file, then opened the IDML en saved over the original. Fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIFE SAVER!! I tried the above trying to unlock the folder and saving to a different folder - didn't work. The export to IDML open and resave worked like a champ and saved me 2 hours of rework. THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exporting as an IDML and re-opening and saving it worked for me. My original file was not locked. This happened an hour after I was also having slow down issues in Illustrator, creating an image to be embedded in my Indesign document.  Thanks for the suggestion. That was a lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the folder permissions, then restarted InDesign. So far so good. Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so it is 5 years later and I have just come across this issue after deploying ESET Endpoint Antivirus to our Macs.

So on investigation and much trial and error, we discovered when we turned off Real Time Scanning on File Open, then we were able to Open and save files successfully with no  error.

So not sure what everybody's feeling is of AV on Macs, but if you are forced to use it like me, then that may be a cause of this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me (except i'm using CC 2018). Turned out the "Indesign Recovery" folder was missing for some reason.

In the app itself, I went to > Indesign > Preferences > File handling , then navigated to the destination of the of the folder that Indesign was using for Document Recovery Data (in my case, Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version 13.0/en_US/ ), after opening the en_US folder I recreated the file, exactly as InDesign thought it was named.

As soon as I created the file indd let me save again, no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my issue. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines