• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting error , check screen shot please

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been trying to install this flash player on safari as i would prefer to use it but lately flash and java are forcing me to use google chrome

Anyway i have read these forums and i have cleared my cookies, done the preferences, etc etc. I tried to install java as well and got the same reply .

attached is a photo after i double click the install adobe file from my downloads, it opens up and the bar fills up and then goes to this

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 5.12.50 PM.png

does anyone have any advice for this?

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google is a great resource.

Have you tried Googling that error ?

Answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please specify the OS version that you are using.

Also, it's possible the error mounting the DMG is related to the 10.11.5 update.  Please see Cannot load DMG files after installing 10.11.5 | Apple Support Communities.  A number of people are getting the same error, with various software, when mounting the DMG  If none of the suggestions in that forum work for you, contact Apple Support for assistance.

As an alternative, you can also try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac  page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy and paste pretty good @divya_1993 that answer was the first hit in my answer of results I provided

error message "wrong type for socket" when installing flash player.

Thanks for re-iterating what I said

Great copy/paste job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. so it seems to be more of an apple  issue then? i don't really want to go into safe mode and go into all that if i don't need too. I guess i can just use chrome until apple fixes it. From what i read it seems like you have to start it up in safe mode and change the software versions? too much for me.

thanks for your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it was also the same when i tried to update the java, as i heard it would be smart to try java and then flash. it looks like a DMG thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi disforcfc,

Please specify the OS version that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines