• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I de authorize my laptop?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly my ADE will not allow mw to download from my library or from Kobo. It tells me that the laptop is not authorised but on checking the unit IS authorised.  What I have notice is that where before I had a simple  authorization based on my email address, now I have two authorizations ie

EduProd_mfstratico@hotmail.com|Adobe ID  and 

EduProd_mfstratico@hotmail.com|Copia

Obviously these are spurious address and I would like to deauthorise the laptop and restart from scratch.

Adobe Chat site were supposed to reset the account, but the problem remains.  In fact they seem to be a little lost with anything to do with ADE.

How do I clear out the old IDs and start again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

i want try to help you ... if you want to deauthorise your laptop you have to click (in your ade program) on the help button.. then there is a function "delet authorosation "  with this function you deauthorise your laptop...

I didn't understand your question completely... but i understood that you want to authorise your laptop to read drm protectet books or to transfer it to your ereader (Kobo?). So i will explain it step by step from the beginning:

1. You need an adobe ID (You have that already i think)

(Don't use special signs in your code word for example äöü or something like that. When I authorised my laptop it didn't work

because of that!)

2. Then download digital editions on your laptop ( I think you did that too)

3. Then click the button "help" and click the first function what means " authorise your laptop"

Then the program says that you should enter your adobe id (that's your e-mail adress) and your password.

Now your laptop is authorised.

If you have a library where you borrow books you have to download the book and when i do that it opens automatically the digital edition program ... Then the book is in the program and you can read it with it on the laptop, or you can trasfer it to your ereader.

For that you connect your ereader with your laptop. After that the programm shows you the reader on the left side. Now you only have to pull the book on the sign of your reader and after that you can read it there

I didn't understand completely what you meant whith the two e-mail adresses... but if you have two adobe ids and if you want to delete one of these accounts you have to write the support team in the chat and they delete one of the accounts.

I hope i was able to help you

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no de authorize in that menu and ctrl+shift+D does not help - what is next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nanaki your suggestion was very helpful and solved my problem.

Regards

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I also don't know what you can do 😕 perhaps the answer of nanaky helps you ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines