Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library borrowed book / E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have installed Digital Editions today for the first time, I downloaded/borrowed a couple of books from my local library (.acms) and wanted to start reading them. Other programs I already had did not support this type of file.

I created an Adobe ID to authorize my computer and when I tried to add the books to my library the E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER error popped up.

I looked online and did all the "deauthorize-uninstall-delete file-reinstall-redownload file" stuff and still same error message. I also asked on the online chat that adobe has and was told to come here, they didn't offer any help whatsoever.

How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bozo on the chat gave me the same run around.  Apparently Adobe has no clue how to help customers with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the online chat is not helpful any more. About six months ago, I requested a reset on my Adobe ID and it was done straight away by the online chat support person. This time, the person said my ID was fine (which it obviously is not) and pointed me in the direction of this forum, which so far, is worse than useless.

Not sure why the online support could not reset my ID, when someone was able to do it 6 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given how unhelpful the Adobe techs are, you might want to contact your library's ebook help desk.  I have found they are very helpful, and have probably become adept at figuring out solutions to what the Adobe tech's can't bother to fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, my library's help desk said that Adobe needed to reset my ID. So they cannot help me until Adobe does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe could reset the adobe ID only if you get the error that you have to many activations. Its can not reset the Adobe ID of the eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines