• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

artboard background color

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make a background color in Illustrator like you can in photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Or.....

Use the transparency settings in the Document set up and set both colors to the same thing and check "Simulate Colored Paper"

coloredpaper.gif

I generally use Larry's method though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just by making a filled box the desired color. Put it on a layer by itself at the bottom of the layer stack and lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or.....

Use the transparency settings in the Document set up and set both colors to the same thing and check "Simulate Colored Paper"

coloredpaper.gif

I generally use Larry's method though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2010 Oct 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to use the grid,

and therefore see it over the rectangle you are using as a background:

(Edit>Preferences>Guides&Grids) and uncheck "Grids in back".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does change your background but  the background color covers over all your other layers/objects. This means you really can't do any design if your art board is set to a black or too dark background. If you are doing web work, you can save for web as a .png and then open in Fireworks. Once in Fireworks, you can easliy change the background color. In fact, Fireworks is a much easier to to use  drawing tool then Ilustrator or Photoshop. If you have'nt tried FW,  give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried your method and other methods on youtube. When I press ok, my backround color does not change it remains white. Would you know how to correct this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the method I suggested or the one Scott made in post#2? The method I use will always work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I opened the "artboard options" from the artboard pallet and it seemed to instantly refresh and apply my color.

So, here's what worked for me:

1. FILE > DOCUMENT SETUP > Check SIMULATE COLORED PAPER > Change top color to your desired color > Hit OK
  2. If the artboard does not change, open the artboard pallet > select your artboard > from the dropdown choose "ARTBOARD OPTIONS" - This should refresh/update the artboard to your desired color. > Hit OK or Cancel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as mentioned above, it will just simulate a background color as if your artwork was printed on color paper. It will not cause that color to be printed as part of the artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can get it to work this way. But what I am wanting to do is have a colored background with text on top, and the background color be a part of my final design. How can I achieve that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jenniferp71779307 schrieb:

So I can get it to work this way. But what I am wanting to do is have a colored background with text on top, and the background color be a part of my final design. How can I achieve that ?

Please show something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines