• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browse image rather than choose file

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to add a browse function for images to a user web app form?

The image field type is media, but when restoring to default in the edit layout, the resulting form only gives me a file import "choose" button.

I need it to let the user browse in the designated directory OR have the option to upload an image from their file - just as the web app you can in the back end admin when you click "select" in the media field under item fields.

I've had two "chats" with support now who said they'd take a look at why the "restore to default" function isn't detecting the media field correctly and that they'd email the answer, but haven't heard back from them.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something obvious?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'browse existing images' functionality would have to be built, just like the one that the BC admin UI uses had to be built.

There may be a way to re-use that one on the front end, but I suspect it's strongly coupled to the frameworks in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, Robert.

I would have thought this functionality would be pretty fundamental for creating a user-friendly environment for the user.

I suppose when you say that it's 'strongly coupled to the frameworks in use' that it's not an easy task?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. For starters, it's difficult just to get the list of images in a folder from the frontend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I built the Image Deskman BC App which does this in the app inside admin tool, until BC opens v3 API up to the front end you can't get a dynamic list of files in a folder server side... If your files didn't change you could cheat and generate a list of files as a static JSON file for example and then load with javascript to and make something from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines