Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Enabling Reader Users to Save Form Data Versus Security/Encryption

Level 1

In my current job, it is common for us to utilize LiveCycle to draft documents that are distributed to various divisions in order to grade a trainee's performance. I've been taught to enable reader users to save form data when the document is ready for distribution. I do this by selecting the following:

File - Save as Other - Reader Extended PDF - Enable More Tools (includes form fill-in and save)

From there, the document is e-mailed to the divisions who use it for training.

So far, so good...

I've recently tried to add to this process by opening up the document in Adobe Acrobat Pro and Encrypting with a Password. However, when I try this, it states that I "cannot change security on this document because the document is signed or certified." I'm pretty certain that this is a result of my previous step, when I enabled the fill-in and save tools. My question - is that step necessary? I want the people who use this document to be able to fill it in, save, and sign it, so I'm assuming that it is. However, I'm also wanting to allow them to set up password protection.

What's the best way for me to proceed? Thanks!

0 Replies