• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPro CC 2015-3 - GPU Render Error with nVidia GTX970

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having upgraded to cc 2015-3, my rig now is unable to render an upconverted set of sequences from the prior version. I consistently am getting an "Error compiling movie -- unable to process frame" dialog box. Something about the AE.ADBE Opacity effect, and I am using AfterEffects for an editable text titling motion graphic, which I have gone back to with the dynamic link manager and checked in AE, but it runs (RAM preview) fine. This was not ever a problem before the cc upgrade. My rig is a Win 10 64 machine with 32 GB DRAM and an 8 core Intel i7-5960, which has been plenty before. The nVidia driver is the latest. I can't afford to drop out of hardware acceleration mode, since this movie in software acceleration mode can take over 20 hours to render. I have repeatedly cleaned the media cache, as well as gone into the media cache on my scratch SSD and hand-deleted the two sets of cache files, as well as all preview files.  Not a joyful experience. Any way to check the logs to find out what's going on and how to resolve the problem? Anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BArticol wrote:

The nVidia driver is the latest.

If you have a driver 368.xx there is a problem with some media, I do not know if it will cure your problem but try to fall back to an earlier non-368 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it didn't work. I dropped back from 368.39 to 365.19 (released in March 2016), cleared all cache files and previews, then tried to re-render. Same outcome. I may try reverting to cc2015-2 while Adobe gets the kinks out of this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BArtcol,

Sorry about this.

Thanks, but it didn't work. I dropped back from 368.39 to 365.19 (released in March 2016), cleared all cache files and previews, then tried to re-render. Same outcome.

Yes, you should be running 365.x drivers with that GPU so Bill had some pretty good advice there. Thanks, Bill.

The only thing I can suggest is to remove that Live Text Template. If it has expressions in it, it has been known to have major conflicts with this release. Roll back to the Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 (9.2) if you really need that text template.

Please let us know if removing the Live Text Template resolved your issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I need the Live Text feature, since discarding it would involve a lot of design changes and rework to my project. So I rolled back to v9.2.0 Zig-Zag. It's a three step process: 1) uninstall PPro, AE and AMD 2015-3, 2) in Previous Versions, use the gear icon to download and install CC2015 versions of the above, then for each of the three, hit the update button to get to the respective cc2015-2 version (e.g. the PPro version splash screen with the rear view of a red-caped boy looking at a brilliant sunrise or a nuke going off, can't be sure).Then it can be opened to read the (fortunately) saved older PPro and AE project files. It rendered perfectly, after the assets were conformed and my plug-ins restored. The only glitch is that it's having trouble finding some font files, but I'll work around that.

Let me point out that I was having a similar problem with another cc2015-2 project that was upconverted in cc2015-3 that didn't use Live Text, but did call back to AE for other dynalinks, and it too was crashing on render, which didn't happen before (and before I had the latest version of the NVidia driver as well). After a lot of cache cleans, I got it to fully render. Of course now I'll have to re-render from the prior project version. So something bad is up with this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing similar errors on one of our portable systems - reporting gpu render errors on an older GT630M system which was working perfectly prior to the update to 2015.3  -  the error is occurring in both direct exports and queued encodes.

In the encoder errors report as:

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\X:\Exports\Round4\Mp4\Interview 1938 Raymond Edwards.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:02:14:24 - 00:02:15:21

Rendering at offset: 75.200 seconds

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609760768

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue...

for me worked to pre render the part where premiere have the error. in your case:

Around timecode: 00:02:14:24 - 00:02:15:21

Rendering at offset: 75.200 seconds

and after check the "use preview" when you export.

if you are working with shorts films will be faster to render the preview maybe before to export.

hope this will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody. I have a similar issue here on my machine. I have a AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB though.

I've done a bunch of Lower Third templates in AE and I'm trying to use them in Premiere.

They are expression driven and automatically adjust in height and width.

In After Effects they work like a charm, but in Premiere they are flickering in size (changing from the right size to a wrong one back and forth).

If I render from AE they look fine (Lossless with Alpha).

If I render from Premiere they don't.

Look forward to knowing why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the Good Buddy patch, v10.4, which I tested on August 5, 2016, has resolved this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this GPU Render Error. Unable to process frame.

Rendering effect: AE.ADBE Lumetri

In my case I'm also running a Win10 64bit machine with 32 GB RAM but using Intel i7-5820 and an nVidia Quadro M4000 GPU.

Running CC Premiere Pro / Media Encoder 2015.4 release

Is this problem likely to be solved by upgrading the nVidia driver?

Cheers, Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having very similar issue with nVidia Q2200. Can only edit the upconverted files if the GPU acceleration is turned off. If anyone has found a solution to this, please let me know. Render took 22 hours instead of 30 minutes, besides having to deal with not being able to preview and use the "program" panel. Without GPU acceleration I can only use 1/8 frames for 4k video.

I have a couple more older files that need edited, so would really like a solution. This started on two releases back, and now my older files are "locked" into using non acceleration. 😞

Windows 10 PremierePro 2017.0.1

Error log is (when acceleration is turned on):

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

GPU Render Error

Unable to process frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\E:\Lancaster Heritage Center\Matt Raber\C0009_2.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;00;00;02

Rendering effect: AE.ADBE Lumetri

Rendering at offset: 0.000 seconds

Component: EffectFilter of type GPUVideoFilter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629695

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikeatnip,

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers. My Quadro card needed new drivers with the current version. Please try it and report back.

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. I already tried that. Even installed a brand new card just to make sure it wasnt bad. I was reading (after posting) on another thread that Lumetri effects seem to be the culprit after the 2015.3 build. Not sure why some of my older files will open and convert to CC 2017 fine and others will not allow me to use GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikeatnip,

Sorry about the trouble. That's terrible. It appears there are a number of issues when updating projects this time around, applied Lumetri effects from previous versions not being recognized being chief among them. It's a known issue and the only workaround is to remove the old effect and apply a new effect. In many cases, it makes more sense to complete the project in the version it was created in. I know that is an incredible inconvenience, but how I would probably handle it.

Please file any bugs here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys,

I actually have a solution for this for now (PC only). See link to my other post in a similar thread. Let me know how you get on. Click the link

Re: GPU Render Error | Nvidia GTX 1080 | Premiere Pro CC (2017)​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines